Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2004, 06:35 AM
outlaw

Default Voyager or Radiance?

My wife and I took our first cruise last December on Voyager and absolutely loved it. One of the great things about the Voyager was the Promenade. At any time, day or night, we could walk through it, eat, sit down or just hang out. We're planning another cruise, perhaps on the Radiance, but we understand the Radiance doesn't have a Promenade. Any advice, pros or cons, would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Voyager or Radiance?

I have sailed on both (along with Grandeur [vision class?]) and have like all of them.

But I liked the Radience best. Radience is big enough to have more aminities, but not so big as to feel that everything is a mile away from where you are.

That was the one thing I disliked about Voyager, I was always at the wrong end of the ship!

That being said, I liked the Prominade too, my favorite hang out was/is the Pig and Whistle, it is a great place to people watch.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these boats, and I would sail again in a minute on Grandeur also.

Chuck

Old March 13th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

My absolute favorite ship was the Radiance. She was a massive ship (yes smaller than the voyageur) but I found that it made you feel like you were on a ship rather than some massive resort. She is probably the most elegant ship with the entire ship being made of glass windows so you can constantly see the ocean. Service was phenomenal and entertainment was superb. Yuo will not go wrong on this ship. No there is no prommenade but she does have a little strip of shops and everyday there are new specials and sales on board. Some of my best purchases were purchased on ship. If you have any more questions regarding the radiance, please do not hesitate to ask. Obviously, no matter what you do you will have a wonderful time but I will always be partial to the Radiance of the Seas.
Old March 13th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Kenzo

Electra,

Leaving on the Radiance tomorrow. Looking for any last minute advice, on any must do's or anything to avoid. Thanks
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are up to spending extra money I would not miss the Chops grill- you will not regret it. The service, the quality of food and the quantity of food are well worth the money. If you choose to do so book reservations the day you board. it goes fast.
Do not miss any of the midnight buffets, even if you do not want to eat- just grab a camera and take a look and snap away.
I do not know if you are sailing to St thomas, but if you are, you will have to go through customs and I highly recommend getting up as early as possible t odo this otherwise the lineups get real long because customs only send 2 agents on the ship for 2000 passengers.

Don't miss the shows or poolside activities as well as all other activities on board. The hardest part is choosing which one you want to go to.

I did not have one flaw on this cruise ship, the crew is just so wonderful.
As for avoidance? Basically do not avoid anything and explore all! Have a wonderful time and let me know how the trip was!
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oh I would also recommend the windjammer in the morning for buffet breakfast. The selection of food is unbelievable and The Radiance has the largest Windjammer of RCI's ships! I found the dining room took way longer and wasn't as much variety!
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Kenzo

Electra,

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a win win!