Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mariner Entertainment

How is the Entertainment on the Mariner, What major shows are they producing at this time. Who is the Cruise Director? and is he good?

May 2, 2004 Mariner of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kathy D
Default Re: Mariner Entertainment

Hi, We were on the February 29 sailing of the Mariner. The cruise director's name was Kirk Detweiler. As for the entertainment, we were disappointed in the singers and dancers. They presented two shows, "Dancin' Trhough the Decades" and "Front Row". They were the worst we had seen on five cruises. I think the problem was that they featured a lot of song that we didn't recognize and it just seemed disorganized.

The best singer was Martin Dube, a singing impressionist. If he is performing, don't miss it. He was great. One of the evenings, there was a show starring "The Coasters" who I think had a few hits in the 1950's and 60's. They were OK.

The best entertainment was the ice show. It was really fantastic considering the small size of the ice rink they had to skate on, they were very professonal.

My sisters went to the Karaoke Idol Search which was held over several evenings, with the finals on Friday night. They thought it was a lot of fun with some very good singers.

And, of course, the two parades down the promenade, were great. We tried to watch the first night from our Promenade staterooms, but couldn't see or hear too well. So we decided to go down for the second one which we watched from the "front row" and it was more fun. I'm not sure how often they change the entertainment and your choices may be different. But, anyway, have a great time. It's a beautiful ship.
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Mariner Entertainment

Thanks Kathy for the response, We were on the Navigator Last Spring and the entertainment was great. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Did you do the Eastern or Western? Did you spend the night in Port Canaveral? If so, Where? reasonable?
Is the Parking Garage at the port real close by? We are getting picked up at the Orlando Airport by family and spending the night someplace, and then driving to the Garage at the Port.
Thanks, Ken
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Mariner Entertainment

Hi again, We did the Eastern and drove down from Atlanta the day before and stayed at the Radisson at the Port and parked for free for the week and took their free shuttle to the port.

My sister and her husband drove over from Tampa and they parked in the parking garage at the port. After the cruise, they picked up the car and dropped us back at the Radisson so we didn't have to wait for their shuttle.

It was very close and convenient to park at the port for them, but cheaper for us to stay the night before and have the free parking. Hope this hopes.
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Mariner Entertainment

Hi again, Sorry, I forgot to say that we paid $119 for one night at the Radisson which included parking during the cruise and the free shuttle to and from the port. I think it costs $10 per day to park at the port.

I've seen other posts that said they got the Radisson for $79 thru priceline, but I thought that $119 was reasonable and it's the price quoted on their web site for the cruise/park package. There were lots of other people who stayed there and were going on the Mariner. They must have taken four or five busloads to the port. Hope this helps