Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Default Margaritaville in Ochos Rios

The website for Margaritaville looks like fun plus in walking distance of the ship- giant waterslide, hot tubs. Has anyone been there? Does it have a beach to lay out and swim plus pools?
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2004, 08:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Margaritaville in Ochos Rios

We were at Margaritaville two years ago. It is a very nice place to lay on the beach and swim. I believe we payed $5.00 to get onto the beach. I do not remember a pool and hot tubs, but we did not really explore everything. We just shopped and layed on the beach and swam. They had shops and restaurants there. The beach was right next to where our ship was.

Old June 17th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

All within walking distance. Its part of a little mall type place too. Yes there is a beach and the waterslide is see-through and runs right through the bar. You can also swim up to the bar and order drinks. It's a great place. I think you can even rent jet skis at the beach. You will love it. Souveniers cost a fortune though.

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Patti and David

Default Re: Re: Margaritaville in Ochos Rios

Hi,
We have photos of Margaritaville if you want us to email them to you give us your email address or email us at dsnyde2@nycap.rr.com. From what we saw that place is really a place to party, if your into that sorta thing. When we went there this past week, we just got an orange arm band to put on our wrist, then you could go on the beach for free. Beware they have people trying to sell junk to you as you approach the beach. So we just went back to the bar area. They had a lady's "Shake your Butt" contest. I did not enter, the girls all looked like teenage whores... They do have a slide that goes threw the bar and lands in a pool. More like a kid size pool from what we saw. We got a few gifts, EXPENSIVE. Hope you have a blast if you go there. Oh yeah, someone was handing out free shot coupons. Didn't stay long enough to have one though.
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:40 PM
MissAZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Margaritaville in Ochos Rios

Teenage whores??? I will have you know that I...Miss Arizona won that contest when you were there you!!! Thanks for the support!!! Do you have any video or pictures of the contest? Thanks
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:27 AM
MissAZ

Hey! I just visited Jamaica about two weeks ago and had a blast. During the day we went to duns river falls and then spent the remainder of the day at Margaritaville. Its a great place to relax and drink before going back on the boat. Everyone from the boat is there and it is a real fun environment. There is a huge waterslide which empties into a pool. Margaritaville is two stories tall and there are chairs and seating on both levels. They have real funny competitions and decent drink specials. There is also a beach right behind Margaritaville..but I am not sure if there is a fee....trust me you wont want to leave Margaritaville once you are there...If you are looking for a real fun time its the place to be. You cant miss it!! Have fun!