Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Default Royal Caribbean Spas

I will be going on my first cruise in April 2005, on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the seas. (Southern Caribbean) Does anyone have any information on the spa services offered? Such as massage, facials, etc? I would like to know what hours they are available and a price range if possible. Thanks!

Post Edited (09-23-04 15:51)
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Royal Caribbean Spas

Search the forum. I'm sure that I've seen someone post a full price list for spa services here in the last few months.

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Yeoman

On Enchantment of the Seas, a 1 hour full massage was $90.00 3 years ago. They offer specials all the time and I got the 1 hour for $45.00. They often offer these specials when the ship is in port. I never felt pressured to buy products either. They suggested it but I declined. Also, remember to tip whomever does the services. I gave her $10.00. Looking forward to February when I can get another massage at a decent price.
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Yeoman

Once you board, I would head to the spa soon afterwards as these appointments fill very quickly, especially on sea days as people want to go ashore in port (which may be an option for you if youre not interested in the port). They offer just about any service from what Ive seen, but its not cheap!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old September 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Keep your eye out for the specials. I had a 30 minute full body massage with a 30 minute facial for $89. This was an in port special and I didn't even have to rush back to the ship. I scheduled it 2 hours after I thought I'd be back and had plenty of time. My first massage a couple of years ago was while at sea and wow, it was so relaxing I fell asleep. Only 2 more months and I'll be doing it again!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 24th, 2004, 04:02 PM
First Mate

I've noticed on my 3 RCCL cruises this year that the spa specials were either non-existent or not very good. None were offered on our recent Voyager cruise to Mexico. Prices for 60 min massages were not below $100 and facials were similarly priced. I guess it depends on what ship you're on. My husband and I did take advantage of a 2-massage special on the Monarch last winter, one was hot stone (excellent) and one involved sea-weed which hubby was allergic to so they just gave him the regular massage. These were 80 minute massages for what worked out to about $115 a piece, which is a very fair price. I agree that you'll do better on port days price-wise. Spa appts appear to be more popular than they used to be and do book up quickly.
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:35 PM
adsummer

I was on the Voyager at end of August....spa was excellent! Had a great facial (expensive but very good). They do the oxygen therapy and of course, sell the products for upkeep. They should do a walk thru on all spa proceedures when you board the ship...go and visit. I was impressed!
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Excited in PA

Interesting.... I was on the Navigator and thought never again. The spa service I had was some sort of skin damaged treatment. The treatment lasted 20 minutes and the rest of the time was spent going over charts and trying to talk me into the products. I was mad. I didn't want the products and the gal actually got mad at me when I refused to buy them. She kept me an extra hour just trying to talk me into them. I love spas but hestitate to try another one aboard ship.
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
First Mate

I always wait until later in the week and they usually run specials. I was on the Navigator and my DD,DDIL and I had a wonderful spa experience. We were not pressured into buying anything. Excited in PA I am sorry about your experience, they are not all like that.