Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:14 AM
*AuSsIE BaBe*

Default Johnny Rockets??

hello im from australia and over here we don't have johnny rockets and im just wondering what kind of food they sell in this resturant, just wondering because where thinking of going on the voyager and i have seen that they have a johnny rockets on board? and its it the food that great? and is it free or do we need 2 pay?
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Johnny Rockets??

Hi girl from Aussie,
The charge for JR's depends on what ship you'll be on, but expect to pay some kind of charge. Its basically a burger place back from the 50's, decent burgers, but better known for their milk shakes and fries. Here in the states we have them in our malls, so I don't bother eating there and paying while on a cruise, you may want to give it a try, most likely you'll love it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 12th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Gerif

On Voyager, JR's is still free for food (beverages cost extra). You get onion rings and fries immediately upon sitting down, then can choose from various varieties of hamburgers and sandwiches.
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
TheGreatOnes

We sailed on Adventure, and again all the food is free, you only pay for milkshakes or pop,
Old October 15th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Yeoman

So far, the only ships with confirmed surcharges for Johnny Rockets food are Navigator and Mariner. I've read that they'll be adding Johnny Rockets to some ships in the next year, during those ships' scheduled refurbishments, and those Johnny Rockets will have the surcharge as well.

Old October 15th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Johnny Rockets??

Guess I'll never eat at Johnny Rockets on a cruise!
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Mmketeer

Hi,

Hubby and I went on the Mariner on it's inaugural Western Carib. Cruise in November last year and I must say we ate every day at Johnny Rockets. I'll certainly miss it when I cruise on the Enchantment in December. They have awesome milkshakes and their burgers, fries and onion rings are awesome! We never paid any surcharges for our meals there, though we did have to pay for the soda and milkshakes. Just like the rest of thecruise it's all you can eat, so I tried everything on their menu during our 7 day trip. It's a very cute little diner and as mentioned it's a throw back to the fifties. We have them in alot of malls and shopping areas arond town here in Florida. The waitors and waitress will even dance and sing a number or two when just the right song comes on and after 11pm the place is hopping with teens hanging out and having a good time. Hubby is in his early 40's and I am in my early 30's. I'd reccomend checking out this burger joint!
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Mmketeer

Hi,

Hubby and I went on the Mariner on it's inaugural Western Carib. Cruise in November last year and I must say we ate every day at Johnny Rockets. I'll certainly miss it when I cruise on the Enchantment in December. They have awesome milkshakes and their burgers, fries and onion rings are awesome! We never paid any surcharges for our meals there, though we did have to pay for the soda and milkshakes. Just like the rest of thecruise it's all you can eat, so I tried everything on their menu during our 7 day trip. It's a very cute little diner and as mentioned it's a throw back to the fifties. We have them in alot of malls and shopping areas arond town here in Florida. The waitors and waitress will even dance and sing a number or two when just the right song comes on and after 11pm the place is hopping with teens hanging out and having a good time. Hubby is in his early 40's and I am in my early 30's. I'd reccomend checking out this burger joint!
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Mmketeer

Hi,

Old October 17th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Lloyd

sod the cost,worth going just for the apple pie
Old October 18th, 2004, 01:38 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

I guess this should settle once and for all whether there is a charge for Johnny Rockets and which ship charges.

From RCCL's travel agent only website......The latest info on Johnny Rockets.
Notice the last few lines.....they are going to start charging on ALL the ships.

"Slip back in time in this fifties-style burger joint that's fun for the whole family. The burgers are juicy, the shakes are thick and the retro style is so authentic you'll think you've been here before.

The Johnny Rockets restaurant you'll find onboard is everything you'd expect from the shore-side restaurant - authentic 1950s décor, a menu filled with all-American favorites and, of course, friendly service.

Johnny Rockets is a great casual dining alternative that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Menus may vary from ship to ship, but each is made up of Johnny Rockets quality fare served at their restaurants on shore, including hand-dipped shakes and malts, famous hamburgers, chili friesand even flavored sodas.

• All Crown & Anchor members will receive one coupon for one Johnny Rockets complimentary dining experience.
• Children under 5 years of age can dine in Johnny Rockets for free.
• Voyager-class ships offer five complimentary dining options: Windjammer Café, Jade or Island Grill, Café Promenade, the Main Dining Rooms, and in-stateroom dining service.
• The takeaway package is the same price per guest of $3.95, however the takeaway package consists of one burger or sandwich, fries, onion rings and a dessert of choice.
• As before, sodas and shakes are available at an additional charge.
• Gratuity is included in the service charge for the dining experience. Gratuity for beverages will be added at 15% of the beverage bill.
• A $3.95 per guest service fee will be billed to each guest’s Seapass® Account per visit to Johnny Rockets.

Mariner of the Seas® and Navigator of the Seas® will make permanent the new charge effective immediately.
The charge will be rolled out to the remaining ships as follows:
Explorer of the Seas® (Oct. 17), Adventure of the Seas® (Oct. 24), Voyager of Seas® (Nov. 6)."

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess