Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:30 PM
MTS

Default RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

Hello

Does anybody have any info on the Grand Suites on the Radiance of the Seas? In particular, I was just curious about the room I booked which is on the "bump", deck 10. The diagram makes the balcony look larger than the others in this category but an RCCL representative says it's the same size.

Anybody have any info regarding this, or just in general how these rooms are, furnishings, space etc.?

Thanks for your time everyone!

MTS
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

What do you mean when you say on the "bump". I've seen this term used before, and I am confused...however...with me it doesn't take much.

Iberostar Quetzal - Mexico 11/06
Old October 19th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Yeoman

We had 1556 last year on the RD and the balcony is as wide as the suite but not deeper. The view is nice due the nature of the hump but it's not going to get as much sun due to the overhang on deck 11. As for the cabin interior, it is nicely done with lots of space and very nice DVD/entertainment system. Bathroom was as large as some cabins in the old days! We may have been "extra" impressed since it was an upgrade from a "D" but it was a very nice cabin.
Old October 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM
MTS

Default Re: Re: RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

Thanks for the info Robbie. I've heard nice things about the Grand Suite rooms on this ship, and am looking forward to seeing it.

AUGGIEMOM, The "bump" is a section of the ship that curves outward in a semi circle design. Their are balcony cabins located on this portion of the circle, so I was just curious about how these balconies compared to those along the straight portion of the ship.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

MTS
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Yes it does...thanks!!

Iberostar Quetzal - Mexico 11/06
Old October 22nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
MTS

Yesterday, while i was checking prices on Orbitz.com, I noticed the AFT Grand Suite (Cabin 1600) opened up on deck 10. I called my travel agent right away and booked that stateroom. I just love those AFT cabins, and feel so lucky that I was able to get it. I've seen pics of the room and it's got a very different layout than all the other Grand Suites. It looks fantastic!

I find anyone who's sailed in an AFT cabin location, has a hard time sailing in other locations thereafter. ;-)

MTS
Old October 22nd, 2004, 05:21 PM
CoolCruiser

We had that exact room (Room 1600) I think. The balcony is nice and big. The room is nice because it's unique and the shaped differently. It's rounded, while all the other Grand Suites are retagular/ square and has a nice entry way that the other GSs don't. The only thing is that there's no bar like in the other GSs (which can be good if you'd rather have more living space, but bad if you're going to have people come over before dinner for a drink, etc). If you've got more questions, just ask.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

where can I see a picture of this particular cabin? 1600
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:14 AM
MTS

Thanks for the info COOL CRUISER. I've seen pictures of this exact room on one of the picture posting websites. I did a search on a search engine website and it brought me to it.

I agree the room is very unique for the Grand Suites, as it has that nice entry way with the curved wood and bronze sculpture. I won't miss the bar area at all. In fact, it's funny, because when I saw pictures of the the "rectangular" syle Grand suites, I thought what a waste of space having that larger bar area. I think the larger living room and entry way make it more open and spacious.

If you have any pictures posted of the stateroom, please let me know. It would be nice to see additional photos.

Thanks again for the comments.

MTS
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Sis

Default Re: Re: Re: RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

Speaking of afts........do you get sun back there?
Old October 25th, 2004, 12:41 PM
MTS

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: RADIANCE GRAND SUITES

I live in San Diego, and just went down to check out the Radiance while it was in port yesterday. (Beautiful ship!) The aft location rooms were getting plenty of sun as it sat in port. I was trying to check out my room (6060) Grand Suite in the AFT location. Looks like it has a nice sized balcony and was getting alot of sunshine. :-)

MTS
Old October 28th, 2004, 08:19 PM
CoolCruiser

You're welcome! We had the option of room 1600 or the rectangular one after we got onboard because there were empty retangular rooms, and stuck with 1600. It was a better choice.