Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Sis

Default Jeans

Are a nice pair of jeans with a polo shirt allowed in the dining room even on casual night? Why pack them if they can't be worn? Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Jeans

Hi Sis,
THey really don't allow jeans in the dining room for dinner, a nice pair of slacks are better or a nice sun dress....don't even bother packing jeans. I only take one pair that I wear on the way down and back.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Yeoman

I think my husband may have worn them the first night since he wore them traveling and did not get his luggage before dinner. They never said anything to us about it, or gave us any looks.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Sis

Default Re: Re: Jeans

Thanks all, but I was really asking for teenagers? Has anyone seen teenage boys wearing jeans? Hate to pack them and not be able to wear them.........

Voyager 10/30/04, guess you figured by name I am packing so need to know.

Thanks again,
Old October 25th, 2004, 08:58 PM
ESS

I will be going on Vision in a few weeks. Last year I cruised with Princess, before going on to Spain for a continuation of my vacation. As we use only public transportation and travel light - I decided to wear black jeans and bring a sports jacket. The tie I brought went on for the formal nights, and I managed to fit right in. I don't think anyone noticed I was wearing black jeans. I just couldn't see dragging my suit around for two weeks in Spain!
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Sis

Default Re: Re: Jeans

That is exactly what my son is bringing black jeans..........so was wondering if he could pull it off in the dining room with a nice dress shirt and tie...
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

From RCCL's website. (Notice that nothing is said specifically about jeans, but it does say "slacks". I guess its up to interpretation, but I wouldn't define slacks as jeans.)
Also...teenagers should dress just as adults.

""Dress Suggestion

During the day, casual clothes are fine for the main dining room. In the evening, there are three distinct types of dress onboard: casual, smart casual and formal.

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and two or three casual nights.
7-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and four casual nights.
10, 11, and 12-night cruises include three formal nights and three smart casual nights; all other nights are casual.
14 and 15-night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights. All other nights are casual.

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women
Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women
Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Bare feet or bathing suits are not allowed at any time in the dining room and shorts are not permitted at dinner. Each ship also offers a variety of casual dining options, for example, the Windjammer Café. ""

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

By the way....they are a bit more relaxed about the dress code on the first night because they realize that some people may not have received their luggage by dinner.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 26th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Captain

Sis:

One reason your son might want to bring jeans is if he plans to go ice skating on the Voyager. Long pants are required - and I doubt if he would want to skate in dress slacks.

Old October 27th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Doris Miller

We have been on Celebrity, Princess and RCCL and my huband has worn NEW blue or colored jeans with a nice sport or polo shirt on casual nights. I have worn a skort, which is shorts made like a skirt in front with a nice blouse. I feel like we fit in and no one looked twice. On the formal night we do dress in formal wear.
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned from a trip on the Voyager. There were lots of men in the dining rooms at dinner in shorts, jeans and tee shirts even. About the only "suggestion" they stopped any men for was shoes and socks. Personally I think that they should uphold SOME dress code. Tee shirts and shorts on formal night is just a form of insult to those of us who make the effort to show some respect to our fellow diners and staff who make such a wonderful effort to present us with an elegent meal and experience. Jimbo
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Sis

Thanks all.
Old October 27th, 2004, 01:13 PM
hcat

All good answers--shorts & jeans are not considered correct for the DR in deference to to other passengers (my husb also almost had no choice when our luggage was late but the first night is a bit different)) I see no harm for wearing them around the ship or in ports--esp for teens! But getting a bit better dressed for will be a nice experience for them--