Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to ColdInCanada
Default Serenade Boarding Time

I know it's early yet (131 days) but we were wondering, if the ship leaves San Juan at 10:00 pm and our plane arrives in San Juan at 12:40 pm (a) how long does it take to get from the airport to the pier and (b) approx. what time can we board the ship. Thanks for your help, and any other suggestions you may have for this southern cruise.

Gail
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Serenade Boarding Time

Hi Cold,
By the time you land, get luggage and grab a cab, you should be able to board, its usually around noon. As soon as you arrive in San Juan, plan to just to straight to the port. If you take a cab, figure around 20 to 30 minutes ride to the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:01 AM
cricket55

Hi Cold in Canada,

I am a fellow Canadian from Toronto....where are you in Canada that it's so cold right now....it's pretty nice here.

We went on Serenade in Jan and you will love it. It's an absolutely beautiful ship. As Donna said, you can go straight to the ship after arriving as we boarded at noon (having stayed in San Juan the previous night). You can get a taxi right outside the airport (prices are pre-set, I think about $16 to the pier, plus $1 per bag). After getting luggage and waiting for a taxi (there's usually a short wait of 10 or 15 mins), you should be at the ship between 1:30 and 2:00 and probably shouldn't have much of a wait to board at that time. If you are hungry, go to the Windjammer where they have a welcome buffet lunch for you.

If you've never sailed out of San Juan at night, you are in for a treat.....it's such a beautiful sight.

If you have any other specific questions about Serenade or the itinerary, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Your fellow Canadian
Old October 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to ColdInCanada

You're right cricket it was a beautiful day in Barrie, but I will be cold when we leave on this vacation. This is our 2nd cruise. (1st was last year on Navigator to the Eastern Caribbean). Anyways, I would like to thank you and Donna for your response. I will look forward to touring the ship in the afternoon, a beautiful dinner, then up on deck to sail away from San Juan.

Thanks Again.