Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Desta4

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's

Cisship,

I did tell my TA to put me on wait list for a Jr. Suite if someone cancels to let me know and I want the room imediately no questions asked. I hope she is checking I guess you are right I should call her on a daily basis to see. But we are getting close to sail date less then 11 days away.....I hardly think somone will be cancelling. Don't you?

I really am gonna be dissappointed going from Jr. Suite to a D1......I already know that....and to also not be aft. So what is your opionion on forward the cabin I am in now?
Old June 22nd, 2005, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ship's

OH Wow Desta4........I didnt realize you were so close to your cruise date (I still have a YEAR to wait!!

Well, even though it is not a Jr. Suite, you still have a balcony (which is awesome!) and you still have the peace and quiet of being far forward!! You will have a wonderful cruise!

We were used to midship balconies and I was very worried about having that cabin far forward on our last cruise. It was fine though.......even though we didnt get to enjoy our balcony at all because of the wind. I don't think that will be the case with you, but I don't know enough about the Voyager class. It was very quiet for us being forward. We had a VERY long walk to get to any food (it was AFT on the ship), but we were always the first to get to the huge theater for the shows because it was right below us! So, there are advantages and disadvantages I guess.

We also had been told that there was a lot of motion being far forward on the ship.....but, we didnt notice anything unusual at all.

Can't wait to hear how your cruise went!!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Desta4

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ship's

Ciship,

I do remember the wak to go to aft....it was a walk believe me but it was well worth it.....didn't hear anything once we were in our cabin. I just hope the forward cabin is not to windy......would love to sit out and not be wind blown...lol.

Enjoy your cruise.......I will get back to you and let you know how it went with me...thank you for all your help.

I have one more question, how soon should I board, it leaves at 5:00.

Thank you again,
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Ship's

Ciship,

Thanks for the information.

So would you suggest that I relocate to another balcony cabin location? If so, where?

Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ship's

Desta4,

I am a freak when it comes to boarding early. I have always been in the first 10 people on board on every cruise I've been on. Some people are like me....some arent.

If you want to be on board FIRST thing, then I would be there before NOON.

If it doesnt matter that much to you then I would wait until the crowds die down which would be later in the afternoon.

You can do a search for the Voyager and find out what time is the earliest they will allow you to board. You will probably get a lot of responses.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ship's

Szyjka,

7360 looks like a good spot to me. Deck 7 is a nice stable choice as far as motion goes. You are somewhat close to AFT so you can just go straight up from there to the Windjammer to eat. Hopefully you have checked to make sure that your balcony doesnt have an obstructed view??

On my first cruise I had your same location but on Deck 8 instead of 7. We loved it. Hopefully, you will love your location too!

Go to Cruiseclues.com or RCCL and check out the Mariners deck plans. You can switch from deck to deck and see what is above and below your cabin and get a feel for what is around you.

Have a great cruise!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
Passenger

i just booked a hump cabin on the navigator of the seas for oct 1. it is room 6614 which is right in the middle of the hump. had a junior balcony suite on my last cruise in feb aboard the serenade of the seas. the room was unbelievable! has anyone had this hump cabin or one nearby on the navigator? bob
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ship's

Congrats Bob.......I hear the middle hump cabin is awesome as far as the balcony goes. I think the room is standard, but the hump makes the balcony view supreme.

Enjoy!
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:41 PM
gm13

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's

I have cabin 9576 booked and wanted to check if there were any obstructions at all or
noticeable noise heard from the cabin. If not suitable would seek a change.

Also noticed on some of the pirctures posted that the dress code was mixed on the formal nights with a number of peple in suits rather than black tie - is this the norm

your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:36 PM
Passenger

Has anyone every had room 1270, which is a cat D1 on Deck 10 of the Mariner??
Old July 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Ciship

Thanks again!

I will get out the floor plans.

Szyjka
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Mary Mary

hey, needs to pay by tomorrow..... any advice will be much appreicated. There are only 2 available on the radiance, 8505 or 7670. Any idea? Thanks
Old August 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Sioux

I just booked on the Voyager cabin 9322 cat. D1 close to mid -hump....I am a newbie to cruising....does this mean I am going to have a larger balcony? Or an odd shaped balcony that will be cramped??? I am so green to all!!!!!! :o)
Old August 10th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Sioux,
Did you look at the deck plan before you booked? If not, just go to the RCI website, hold your mouse over "find a cruise" click on ships and pick the Voyager, click deck plans, chose deck 9 and you can see your cabin for yourself. It looks to me like a nice cabin and balcony. Enjoy.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Phil Richards

Default Re: Ship's cabins

Hi

My party is on booked on the Navigator for two weeks in November/December 2006
We have cabins 1392/1690/1692.
Does anyone have any info or photos, we are told the balconys are large ? Are the cabins themselves any bigger?

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Phil

Swansea
South Wales
UK
Old August 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ship's cabins

Here is a link to some great photos of the aft cabins. Navigator will be the same as Voyager and Mariner.

http://community.webshots.com/slides...219&key=CtbGLi
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ship's

We had the very first balcony, Deck 9, Starboard on Mariner. We loved it! The balcony has curved glass that faces forward on the ship, so you can look out the side of the balcony or look forward.
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM
First Mate

After 11+ cruises I finally have an aft booked on Freedom of the Seas- #9406 next March 18, 2007.

Can't wait!

Mary

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Passenger

What are the humps? Any good rooms on the Sovereign? We are in 4583. Thanks, Michell
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy
We are on the Jewel in cabin 7596. Does anyone know if we will have a larger balcony or if it has an obstructed view?

BTW a great cabin was on the VOS 7388 it was a corner aft and the balcony was huge. It had 2 lounge chairs plus a table and chairs so we ate breakfast out there every morning. That was our first balcony and now I think we are forever spoiled, I tried to get an aft for a Nov trip on the JOS but they werent available, hope Im not too dissappointed.
Chrissy- How was your cabin on the Jewel? We will be sailing in Oct. on the same deck. Please let me know how you liked it. Thanks
Old October 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Beginner

Cabin 7094 on the Radiance is an E-1 on the hump. The balcony is about 10 to 15 feet deep.
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Beginner

Default Serenade aft cabin #9256???

Has anyone stayed in this aft cabin??? According to the layout map the balcony looks huge and comes around the side but is this true??? We've stayed on the Legend in a balcony aft cabin and loved it but like the looks of this balcony. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stacy
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Captain

9256 is "pinched" as you move to the side of the ship so no, you can't see down the side and even though it's a nice balcony, it is not as large as you might think.
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Beginner

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION ON THE PINCHED BALCONY, SO WHEN YOU SAY PINCHED DOES THIS MEAN YOU DON'T GET THE LOUNGERS AND CAN'T STAND UP OFF TO THE SIDE? WE TOOK OUR HONEYMOON CRUISE IN JANUARY ON THE LEGEND AND STAYED IN 7126. I SAW SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THIS SITE THAT 9256 HAS A ACCESS DOOR FOR CREW THAT SLAMS SHUT???? NOW I'M WORRIED THAT WE PICKED THE WRONG CABIN, WOULD WE BE BETTER OFF PICKING 9258 OR ONE LIKE THAT?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

STACY
Old November 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Captain

There is still plenty of room on that balcony, just not as much useable space as the deck plans depict. But my wife was the one that "crew only" door bothered since she is in the cabin more than I am during the day. She says she wouldn't want that cabin again, but it is a nice oversized balcony with an aft view (you won't be able to see the port side without a periscope). I would take it again and we never complained about the crew slamming that door so that is an option too. Feel free to e-mail if you want any other clarification, Robbie
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Hi
We are due to travel on the Explorere of the seas, cabin #1390, which is AFT, anyone tell us if this balcony has any obstructions please?

thanks
Old June 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcridland
Hi
We are due to travel on the Explorere of the seas, cabin #1390, which is AFT, anyone tell us if this balcony has any obstructions please?

thanks
All the Voyager Class ships have an infrastructure that does obstruct your view.

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/v...81688/balcony/
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Passenger

Waiting until the end to book has some advantages but when you want a specific cabin you need to book early. As a TA I watch my prices constantly and monitor for drops and also check the categories above them to see how much they might drop. I am booked in 9256 aft on the Jewel for 1/14/2011. Yes it's far away but I have the only D2 with an extended balcony. Now if the price would just drop.