Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Default Jewel of the Sea

Hi all

Is anyone going on the Jewel of the sea 1/9/2005? It's our first cruise and our 25th wedding anniversary. Never been but have heard it's wonderful and you just have to go. We leave on friday 1/7 for ft lauderdale. I have to nadmit I'm a little nervous.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
jay sabaugh

Default Re: Jewel of the Sea

hey beth let me put your mind at ease, you and your husband are going to have a great time. My wife and I were on the jewel a week before Christmas and the names the ship right on the money it is a jewel very beuitiful and big. The service and the food was very good on the cruise. The entertanment was great and so many things to do on the ship. Our cruise dir, was great, by the way the deserts are to die for. Have a good time my email is jaysayy33@yahoo.com any other info you need have a great time you will
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Passenger

We will not be on your cruise, but we were on the Jewel in September. It is a beautiful ship. Everything was great. It even has 2 pool tables. Only problem the days fly by so fast. Have a wonderful cruise.
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Beginner

thank you for your info. Today is packing day and I am very excited.
Old January 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Hey Beth123, I won't be on the Jewel until Sept this year. But while it was docked here in Boston, I had a chance to have lunch and a tour aboard the ship with a local radio station. You won't be disappointed. It is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy and have a great time.

Liberty of the Seas
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Nancy RYder

Going on the Jewel on 3/20/05 from ft laud western carrib. Anyone have any "tips". Must dos', must donts? Can I bring wine on board? What about the refrigerator? If I touch it will I explode? Can I remove the stuff and put in my stuff? Please advise, Thanks NR
Old January 9th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Nancy RYder,

You will not explode if you touch the refrigerator, but you will be charged if you move anything in it. It's best to have your cabin steward take everything out of it so you can use it for your stuff.

Not sure about the wine issue.....hopefully someone else can help you on that. We were on the Jewel in September and LOVED it. The most beautiful ship I've seen. Great crew too!

DO seek out the Seaview cafe and have a meal (or two or three) there. If you don't see it on their menu, ask for it. I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich and asked if they could make one and it was so yummy. Definitely worth getting past my hesitation to ask for things off the menu.

DO go to the Jakarta club, the lounge at the rear of the ship on deck 6. The whole back of it is windows overlooking the wake of the ship. I loved the giraffes at the entrance.

Can't think of any DON'Ts except don't miss any of the above.