Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Passenger

Default Rhapsody 1-2-05 / Owners Suite Review

As far as the cruise goes: Service in the dinning room was absolutely perfect which mainly came from our waiter Evelyn, ( our head waiter Ian who happened to be our waiter on the same ship two years ago really didn’t talk or do anything for us surprisingly). The food all the way around was great when one of my friends told Evelyn that I liked shrimp, on shrimp night would bring me out a plate with over 70 on it way more than I could even think about eating. And she did the same by bringing us out a lot of Lobster. The lunch menu was different it doesn’t change everyday. But it has a steak and catfish etc on it. I liked it, but it might get old after a week.

The Room was amazing we were in Owners Suite 8000: it had an oversized balcony, two Wega Sony TVs, soround sound stereo, TV, DVD, VCR CD player etc. fresh flowers everything you could think of. The bathroom was also really cool it was all marble with a double sink, bidet, Jacuzzi tub (which was amazing), and a separate glass enclosed shower. They also brought canapés every night which were just ok.

The room steward was great for the first couple of days, anything we asked for the answer was no problem but after that it going lacking a lot. I think he just got sick of us, Because after a long night of partying with our group of 7 guys that were traveling with us plus all the girls and friends that we would have over created a lot of dirty glasses and generally an all around mess to clean up.

The only real problem we ran into was with the Royal Caribbean Credit card, that you earn points that you can cash in then they send you a voucher to pick out among other things on board credit of $50. Between the group of guys we were supposed to have $300. But there was only $150 credited. Even though we had all the copies of the original vouchers we had to go up there at least 6 times. On the last we met with the Manager of Guest Relations (the accountant was also present who tried to give us the run around during this meeting). Finally I put my foot down and told her that she was dealing with 21 year old guys who are in an owners suite and are platinum that we would be cruising for the rest of our lives and that we usually do twice a year. And finally that we will be cruising in the future but if she didn’t get the $150 taken care of that she and her company deserved to lose our business and I handed her our copies to keep. After that was said, she said that she would take care of it………and it was.

Overall we had a great cruise. B/c of the whole Grand Cayman thing we were switched to Miami as a port which we loved and went to the liquor store and we sat on South Beach with two bottles of champagne in our hands and had to make another trip back before the night was over.

In Key West we did the sunset cruise and had a great time as usual it is such an amazing view. Afterwards we went to Margaretville and had a cheeseburger then spent the rest of the night in the room.

Then in Cozumel we started out at La Mission a Mexican food restaurant that I love, and against my will I was forced by my friends to rent mopeds ( I really didn’t want to because of safety reasons) but we ended up having a great time on them driving all over the island. I picked up another new fake Rolex that I am sure will only last me a few months but it looks good now. And we finished the afternoon hopping from Senior Frogs downtown to finally the one at the pier where we threw one of my friends in the pool at the bar.

One last note their was a group of about 400 people on board that were from Monterey (I think), Mexico. Who spoke very good English, and had some amazingly beautiful girls who were a pleasure spending time in. I was also able to meet another special girl from Texas who I spent a lot of time with over the week.

All in all it was a great cruise (it was our third time on the ship) and I can’t wait to sail on her again.

PS- If it takes me a while to reply email me a question if you need to I can answer those faster.

The Chad

Post Edited (01-10-05 17:54)
Sponsored Links