Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
kathy tanner

Default tipping in a junior suite

Are the tips that they add to your seapass at the end of the cruise more for a junior suite? It says on the rccl web site that it is more for a "suite", but I have heard that it doesn't apply to the junior suite. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:02 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: tipping in a junior suite

The tipping in a junior suite is the regular amount of $3.50 per day. Its not really a suite, just a bigger cabin. You do not get the same perks as a regular suite, such as concierge service or butlers. Although they call them Jr suites, these aren't really suites, just a cabin category designation.

I'm booked in a junior suite on the Monarch of the Seas coming up in Feb. We have already prepaid our tips and we were only charged $3.50 for the cabin steward.

There is a whole thread on this board on the 2nd page (last post dated 1-29-05) entitled: "Higher tipping rates in junior suite?" You may want to check out that thread.

:-)

Post Edited (02-03-05 02:12)
PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
Sis

Default Re: tipping in a junior suite

Do they add the tips to your sea pass at the end of the cruise....or can you just put your tips in the envelopes that they provide for you? How do you know if the add them? I thought the last night you put your money in the envelopes and hand them out.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Re: tipping in a junior suite

Sis...

I think you can do either....put them on your seapass or hand out the envelopes at the end. I don't want to give you wrong information, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :-) However, if I remember correctly, on the AOS last July, we had to inform them a day or two ahead of time if we wanted to add them to our seapass. We chose to hand out the envelopes at the end.

We are going on a cruise in 2 weeks and we prepaid our gratuities this time because we are travelling with a group and we wanted "round robin" dining. (thats where you can sit at different tables, within your group, each night if you choose to). We are being charged $3.50 per person, per day for the Junior Suite. I would imagine a Grand Suite is charged the higher rate of $5.75 (you get more perks with a grand suite than you do with a junior suite.)

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:51 PM
kathy tanner

Default Re: Re: Re: tipping in a junior suite

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING!! WE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE RADIANCE IN JAN AND WE WERE IN A DELUXE BALCONY ROOM. YOU LET THEM KNOW A DAY OF TWO BEFORE THE LAST NIGHT IF YOU WANT TIPS ADDED TO THE SEAPASS. THEY THEN PUT ENVELOPES IN ROOM WITH LITTLE STRIPS TO PUT IN SAYING THAT YOU ARE TIPPING THE RECOMMENDED AMOUNT (IF YOU ARE DOING THE SEAPASS THING AS WE DID) AND THEN WE ADDED CASH TO THE ONES WE WANTED. THIS IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL.
THANKS!
Old February 3rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
kathy tanner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: tipping in a junior suite

I CALLED RCCL DIRECTLY AND THEY SAID THAT A JUNIOR SUITE HAS THE RECOMMENDED TIPPING RATE OF THE BALCONY, OCEANVIEW ROOMS, ETC, NOT A SUITE. IT IS JUST A LITTLE LARGER ROOM.