Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Beginner

Default anyone ever purchase a Romance package?

Hey all,
We sail on the Voyager April 30 and we are considering doing one of the romance packages offered by RCI. There are 4: "Classic Romance" for $98 (champange, choc. strawberries, breakfast for two delivered to room, pre dinner canapes one night, after dinner sweets one night and a silver framed 8X10 portrait)
The second one is for $199 per couple which includes more expensive champagne, flowers, 2 robes to keep, plus the other stuff.
The third one is $550 and includes Dom Perignon, dozen roses, canapes and sweets every night and the other stuff.
The last one is $770 and includes everything from the third one plus 2 spa appointments for a massage and/or facial. (my TA said we can choose from a list of treatments.
Has anyone ever done these? We are thinking seriously about the $770 one because we want to get a spa treatment and we will want a formal portrait and the robes and love the idea of treats delivered to our room. And I figure the spa treatments alone will cost around $200 bucks for the two of us. I really don't mind spending the money if everything is as nice as it says.
Thanks, Chris
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Matt Karp

Default Re: anyone ever purchase a Romance package?

We purchased the "standard package" back in '99 when we cruised on Voyager. The treats they delivered to the room were very good, and we shared our champagne with our table mates on the last night of our cruise. We've been on a few more cruises since then, and have not been able to outdo the fun we had with those folks. If you think you would be purchasing many of these items/services anyhow, you might as well treat yourself. Go for it!
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Hello,

Since we were cruising during my birthday, someone in my family got my husband and I the standard romance package. We really enjoyed it. When we arrived in our room, the champagne and starawberries were waiting...they were great to bring up on deck for our bon voyage. All other items arrived throughout the week as scheduled and were nice suprises as the week progressed. Our framed picture is sitting in our living room...it was great. I say go for it too...why not, it is a vacation after all.
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:44 PM
scoutdad

For $770.00 I could take a additional week cruise! But hey if you got it go for it!
Old March 31st, 2005, 03:01 PM
JPHC

I CALLED RCCL THE 199.00 IS A MISPRINT IT IS 249.00 I THINK.THE PRICE ON THE WEBSITE IS CORRECT.WE HAVE DONE THREE UP TO $500.00 AND THEY ARE GREAT DEPENDING ON THE VACATION.WE HAVE TOO MANY ROBES SO WE ONLY GET THE 98.00 ONE.ITS FINE FOR THE THREE DAY CRUISES WE ALWAYS TAKE.I USE THE LARGER ONES FOR THE 7 DAY AND MORE.ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM
Admiral

The Basic one was great for us. You could also just add on a Couples spa treatment and still save hundreds of dollars. DP itself brings the cost way up. It is a treat but one you must decide on how much to spend. I would take some great tours and get a nice souvenir at port - jewelry!
Bon Voyag