Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Desta4

Default Cape Liberty

Anyone know how Cape Liberty out of NJ Port is. Parking wise and how much it is to park there or am I better off getting a taxi to take me there.
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM
shane22

Default Re: Cape Liberty

$12 per day, very easy in and out
Old June 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Dan P

If you are going on the Voyager out of Bayonne,Parking is $108 for the 9 night cruise.We just completed the cruise last week.As for your other post,there are 2 formal nights but on the second formal,people were not as dressed up,I didnt wear a tie just a jacket.
As for in and out of the terminal,if we had parked our car there from the time they called our color[the second color called]we would have been on the turnpike in half an hour[we had to wait for my sister in law to pick us up.The turnpike entrance is only a mile from the entrance to the docks.
We talked to people who parked there,go to the drop off point and drop your bags then go and park.There is a shuttle in the parking lot but only take you to the entrance to the parking lot.you have to walk to the terminal from the entrance.About two minute walk but easier without bags.
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Desta4

Thanks, but what is easier a taxie or dirving and parking?
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Desta4

Default Re: Re: Cape Liberty

I would think with a 9 nighter there would be 3 formals. Last time I went with a 7 nighter I thought it was 2 formals. I could be wrong.
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Dan P

We just did that cruise and it is two formal nights.Depends on where you are coming from we are from Woodbridge NJ.If I was to do it again I would drive.
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:44 AM
shane22

is is 2 formal, (suit jacket/Tux), 1 smart casual (sport coat), and all the rest is casual, and I would NOT take a taxi. they are next to impossible to find after you get off !!!!!!!!
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
rkamen

Voyager 9 night from Bayonne is 2 formal nights - but I found that ship to be a very nformal cruise. 1st formal night less than 50% of the people dressed and on the second formal night I would say that less than 10% of the people got dressed in anything approaching formal. Besides, I also noted that right after dinner (whether first or second seating) those that were dressed changed into casual clothes. When we left the dining room after eating (second seating), I was in my tux and virtually all of the first seating guests were already running around in bermudas and t-shirts. Even though it was formal night - I was the one who felt totally out of place.

As far as Cape Liberty - do the math. Parking is $108 for the 9 night cruise. How much would a taxi cost to and from the peir - plus tips? I guess it depends on where you are going/coming from. It cost me $150 one way (including tolls and tip) for a limo from Cape Liberty to home in Central NJ after getting off the Voyager 8 day repo cruise this past May.

Last summer we took the 9-day from Cape Liberty and drove up to the port. It could not have been easier. I was in my car and on the turnpike with 20 minutes of getting off the ship. None of the hassle of finding the limo in the crowded mess that forms in front of the building where you pick up the luggage.