CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   9 day cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/238317-9-day-cruise.html)

Desta4 June 24th, 2005 04:32 PM

9 day cruise

I hope a 9 day cruise isn't a bunch of old farts......I've heard that anything more then 7 nights you usually get older people, no offense to the elders. I've also heard leaving from NJ you will get young families........any truth to this?

slotaddict June 24th, 2005 09:13 PM

Re: 9 day cruise

What is it you are worried about the old geezers or the family because you will get your share of both no matter what the length of the cruise. Look out for the geezers on motorized vehicles.

Jimbo June 25th, 2005 07:46 AM

This old geezer will be up in the Gym doing aerobics and bike spinning, while you're still down at the breakfast buffet stuffing your face!

slotaddict June 25th, 2005 12:21 PM

Re: Re: 9 day cruise

Me too Jimbo, went to the gym every day and I was on the 9 day reposititioning cruise.
I'm trying to figure out at what age you are considered a geezer.

slotaddict June 25th, 2005 12:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: 9 day cruise

Oh Yeah, Desta what catagory do you fit into?????????

Desta4 June 25th, 2005 09:24 PM

Slot, What?

Carol P. June 26th, 2005 09:34 AM

Had to join in this post!!!! My hubby always says" Your either OLD or your DEAD, what would you like to be"? I've seen old people at 30 and very young people at 96( which happened to be my uncle who always said "loaf with young people and feel young"). On every cruise you get a mixture and isn't that what life is about. I'm sure the old geezers are thankful that they can go and enjoy themselves. Gee does the word geezer appear in the dictionary?? Yes!!! It is an eccentric old man. Oh well it doesn't say how old one must be to get this title. Have a good day!!

slotaddict June 26th, 2005 05:15 PM

Desta, if you are not a person with a family and you are not an old fart/or geezer, what age group do you fall into.

Desta4 June 26th, 2005 06:08 PM

I never said, I wasn't a person with a family.

fitzla June 27th, 2005 02:18 AM

Old or young, I love them all. Just so long as you are not rude. Calling someone an old geezer is, in my opinion, rude. When on vacation, I just don't let anyone bother me. It is my vacation, and if I let every little thing bother me, then it wouldn't be any fun.

Oh ya, I am 34 years old, what does that make me? I suppose more polite and mature than some on this thread.

Pootersdad June 27th, 2005 05:32 AM

When I was in my early 20's, everyone over 40 was a geezer. now that I'm 64, everyone over 120 is a geezer. Age is a state of mind.

Janice M June 27th, 2005 07:26 AM

I agree with Pootersdad. I am around that age too. Going on a cruise was a long time dream of mine, but we could not afford it or any vacation. Now that we are retired we love our vacations and cruising. We have been on 7 cruises from 7 to 10 days and there were "geezers" on all of them.

slotaddict June 27th, 2005 07:35 AM

Whatever the length of the cruise, there are families with young children, "old farts" or geezers, your vacation is what you make it. Nothing bothers me when I am on a cruise, or if it does, I just remove myself from the situation. I will not let anything spoil my vacation. I am as we type booking my next cruise for January can;t wait 5 night this time, which is a first. Never been on anything shorter than a 7 night, I guess they will have to pull me off the ship kicking and screaming.

lrov June 27th, 2005 02:30 PM

I will be on the Sept 9th , 9 day . My husband and I are in our mid 30's and have children but will not be taking them. If you go in the fall good chance that children will not be there because of school. As far as making the comment about "a bunch of old farts", that wasn't the best choice of words you could of asked the question a little better. So this thread will be filled with people attacking you for your choice of words. Every cruise is filled with kids, and older people and young people and middle aged people. Some are a pleasure to spend your time with and some aren't . If you don't want to mingle you can do that but if you open yourself up to meeting new people you can have a great time. Everybody has something to offer no matter what their age.

LOAV June 28th, 2005 10:33 PM

Old Fart. Cute. Very respectful. I expect to see a post from you complaining your head off about the trip. People like you are a dime a dozen and the crew can spot you a mile away. Prepare yourself now for problems because you have an immature attitude and probably are used to getting your whiney way. This old fart will avoid you like the plague. You have a good time roasting in the sun and complaining or judging people you don't know.

Desta4 June 28th, 2005 11:00 PM

To IROV, & LOAV, that was not what the post was about,...I only asked because I am bringing a family with me. ..and wanted to know what type of people would be on board...........a 9 day cruise......opposed to a lesser one........but you think or wish whatever y ou want about me..complain, then shame on you. People come here for answers and you act this way...........glad I'm not aboard with you two......Oh, and thank you for your fist attack telling me this thread will be filled with attacks......IROV.. and LOVA ....what would I do with out ya. Glad I came here for advise........NOT.

lrov June 29th, 2005 06:30 AM

Desta4, I did nothing but answer your questions. And I only warned you that people would probably start attacking you for choice of words. So if you believe that I "Attacked You" then maybe you should stop and look at what I wrote. You will then see that I did answer your questions. I have no idea what age you are or what your situation your in but just reading what you wrote in the two notes I can see you have a "slight" attitude. And the last time I heard the phrase "NOT" I think I was in high school. So you are pretty much making yourself look like a 12 year old.

slotaddict June 29th, 2005 09:40 AM

When you refer to people as "old Farts" and people with young families as persons that will somehow ruin your trip, you better go with low expectations. On the Voyager ships there is every type of person. Believe it or not one of the old farts was in the Love and Marriage show on my cruise, and if it wasn;t for him the show would not have been hilarious. If this is your first cruise I hope that you and your family will have a wonderful time and become addicted to this type of vacation. Irov is right, people do start attacking you for your choice of words.

SandraW June 29th, 2005 08:41 PM

Calling someone an old geezer or an old fart is not just poor word choice, it is insulting.

Yes, of course people will judge you by what you say...because what you say is an expression of what you think.

rjsmom June 30th, 2005 11:18 AM

Desta4, you are exactly the kind of person i try to avoid on vacations. If being in a group of DIFFERENT TYPES bothers you spend 9days on a private island all by yourself. See how peaceful it is, and just think YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH OLD FARTS OR GEEZERS, just yourself. I actually pride myself in being able to get along with Young and Older!!!! We actually all have to live together, and i like SLOTADDICT , just remove myself from the situation. This is my 20something Cruise in the last 18yrs, and i can honestly say that i have never and will never let someone like you ruin my vacation. I look forward to it , and i expect there will be all types on my cruise. I won't like all of them but i will deal with them as i should, because i don't own the Ship. I just rent my space for the week. So enjoy your rented space for 9days and stay away from People that really want to have a good time....... CK

slotaddict June 30th, 2005 12:16 PM

Just so everyone understands, I am the one who the word geezer first, I thought it was much kinder than old fart. In fact in some people's eyes I would probably fit into that catagory.