Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2005, 04:28 PM
George Francis

Default voyager

Going on the Voyager 23rd Sept, how early can I board? Any hints about the tours in Jamaca.Thanks George Francis.
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Martie
Default Re: voyager

There are a lot of stories good and bad. Read prevoius messages.

Atlantis 1982
Horizon 2003
Legend 2004
7.15.2005 Voyager of the Sea
Old July 5th, 2005, 06:30 PM
travelpro

Dunn's River Falls is great. Take your watershoes. Wait until you get off the ship and take a taxi over. It costs about $8 per taxi. The falls is about $7 to get in. Much cheaper than the cruiseline. Make sure to eat the jerk chicken on the island. You will never eat another buffalo wing again! Oh, the most important- HAVE FUN!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Autj

Just got back on the Voyager, they let us board at 12:15 and there were already others on, the whole process was extremly smooth, also Jamaica was the highlight of our trip, we did Dunns River falls and river tubing with Peat taylor, www.peattaylor.com , what a great time, the kids12, 16 ,16 and 17 wanted to do both again but we didn't have time
Have a graet trip
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:21 PM
george francis

Thank you all so much for your help.can't wait to visit America again. lovely people.George Francis
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: voyager

Hi George,
My hubby, my sister and her hubby are going on the 23rd as well on the Voyageur. Where are you from? We are driving down from Ontario the day before. Our last cruise was on the Grandeur out of Baltimore and our tablemate that cruise was a 91 yr. old gentleman who had flown over from England all by himself for the cruise. We had a wonderful time with him, he was so interesting and fun.
Perhaps we'll get to meet you on board.

Comet Cruiser
Canadian Cruiser

Old July 7th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Passenger

We just booked Peat Taylor for Jamaica for our August 26th VOS Cruise. Can you give me more info about the river tubing, i.e. process, time, etc. Also does Peat drop you off and come back and then take you to your next destination? Any details would be appreciated.
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:36 PM
George Francis

travelling from Ireland,staying in New York for two nights, Went on the Mariner last year, how does this ship compare. thank you George Francis
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Autj

you meet Peat at the dock, just look for his signs, he took us on a tour of the island on the way to the fall s, (our group was the first of the day) then more tour through fern gulley and parts of the island he says you usually don't see( we stopped at a preschool ,the kids were great) he gave us the option to eat at a restaurant or go back to the ship for lunch, after lunch some of our group didn't want to do the tubing so Peat dropped them off at shopping, we went tubing and he dropped us off at shopping later, he said he would pick up at the shopping area every 15 minutes, he was very punctual.
He didn't ask for payment until we were through and he made sure we enjoyed ourselves thouroughly
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Wow that sounds like he is a great tour guide. There are 8 of us and of course not all of us want to do the same thing so it's good to hear he can split the group without causing a problem. Also nice that he will take us back to the ship for lunch.
He seems very nice...
Thanks for the info
Old July 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: voyager

Peat Taylor is the way to go. He is s laid back and will stop and pick up anywhere and time. Well worth the I think it was $30 per person. Have a great time. Be careful at the falls I slipped and broke my ankle! P
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:08 PM
getoveryourself

If you are strong AND adventurous kiyack to Dunns River Falls. If you've never kiyacked before it is a challenge at first but still very fun. Have a waterproof camera because everything in the boat will get wet. DO NOT forget your watershoes for the falls. It is quite an experience. The entire group joins hands to climb the falls. Everyone is fairly at the mercy of the person in front of them for some of the tricky areas. It was great though.

Don't forget to haggle for some interesting souvorniers.

Have a nice trip.
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:54 AM
grin

I agree with other posters about Peat Taylor.... He was an excellent guide and very accommodating. He is really at your disposal and will take you wherever you want and come back to get you too. He also points out many details and things of interest on your tour. Excellent and well worth the money.
Have a great time!!!