Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Passenger

Default SetSail Pass??

Do you need to be "Paid in Full" in order to print this out? I have filled in all info, but since final payment isn't due until November, I'm assuming this is the reason I am unable to print my pass. Is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Passenger

Default Sea Pass

If im not mistaken I think that you have to make final payment and then go back and print out the sea pass. If you find out this is not the case you can let me know.
Old September 12th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Admiral

As I recall, the last step of completing your set sail pass was to enter your email address so that the cruise line can email you when your set sail pass is available to be printed. I assume this email will give you the detailed instructions to print it out. We're about 56 days out from our cruise on the Enchantment and have not yet gotten the email to print it out yet, and final payment has been made. Hope that helps. Bon Voyage!
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Guess What! I logged into Royal's web site and I went and checked status on my boarding pass and it actually prompted me to print my set sail pass. It actually said "reprint set sail pass". Which was confusing since I had never been able to print it before. It must be their way of letting you know theres been a change and status and you can print it now. Anyhow, it was a peice of cake to print out and it even merged our reservation with our kids who are going to be in the cabin next door. So I only had to print one set sail pass, instead of two.
BTW I never got an email notifying me that the set sail pass was ready to print.
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll give it a rest until I make my final payment. But I'll keep trying after that, in case they forget to email me, too.
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Guess What! I logged into Royal's web site and I went and checked status on my boarding pass and it actually prompted me to print my set sail pass. It actually said "reprint set sail pass". Which was confusing since I had never been able to print it before. It must be their way of letting you know theres been a change and status and you can print it now. Anyhow, it was a peice of cake to print out and it even merged our reservation with our kids who are going to be in the cabin next door. So I only had to print one set sail pass, instead of two.
BTW I never got an email notifying me that the set sail pass was ready to print.
I had same problem. I never got an e-mail notifying me to print. My friend asked me if I had printed it. I wasn't aware that I was suppose to print it. It did say "reprint" when I got to the site.
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, you have to make your final payment in order to print the "Set Sail Pass". If you made final payment to your TA, and you still can't print the pass, that is a good indication that the TA is hanging onto your money...not a good thing.

Bon voyage!

LL
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Admiral

I have to respectfully disagree. We have always entered our hotel and flight info, etc months before the cruise and final payment and printed the pass.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

CA Cruiser...I guess I am confused. What does your hotel/flight information have to do with the Set Sail Pass issued by RCL?

I checked with RCL Customer Service and they told me (for whatever that is worth) that the final step of the Set Sail Pass (printing the form) is available after RCL receives and accepts final payment for the cruise.

...just what RCL tells me, and reflects my experience on two cruises in 2005.

LL
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Passenger

I think they want your flight info so that they can assign your debarkation time....however, I have filled out all the info, but have not come across any prompt for flight info...also have not make final payment yet..Lynn
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Yes, just as Booie98 states, it was our debarkation info they requested even our mode of transportation to and from the port. I'm sure alot of this has to do with Homeland Security too. But all I needed was my Booking # and I had access to my account to fill out the info.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

CA Cruiser.

So I completely understand, you are saying that you have the printed the Royal Caribbean "Set Sail Pass" for a future cruise, and you have not yet paid for that cruise in full????

That is really amazing...I have now had three (3) RCL "Customer Service" reps tell me you can only complete Online Check-in steps 1-3 with your reservation number, but printing the Set Sail Pass (step 4) is deferred until full payment is received...

I have tried it on all three of my pending reservations, and I am stopped after step 3. I feel like the red-headed step-child...

How'd ya do it? Did you reserve through RCL or TA?

LL
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:10 AM
First Mate

Lightsluv, you are not alone. I too am stopped after setp 3.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Captain

Just back from "Serenade" and "SetSail" was a breeze! Checking in wasn't much faster than I am used to since we were able to drive down at an off-peak time. BUT them already having the flight info for our return from San Juan was great since we were independent travelers (not the air/sea program). Disembarkation could not have been any smoother for us, Robbie
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
Beginner

We are booked on VOS for Jan. 21/06 and could not print the Set Sail Pass until final payment was made. (Last Week) Could only enter and edit info until payment was made. I never recieved an e-mail that I could now print my Set Sail Pass from RCI either.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Passenger

We are booked on the LOS for 1/28/06. We made our final payment and this week we were able to print our passes. It was an easy process.
ML
Old November 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Admiral

I too couldn't print the "set sail" pass until I made the final payment. A week or so after payment was made, I logged into the site, and it prompted me to "reprint" the pass. I don't understand why it said "reprint" either, but it did let me print the pass.
Worked for me!
See you aboard,
Ken
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Passenger

I made my final payment with a credit card to my TA two weeks before the deadline, and was able to print my SetSail Pass that day. Another couple going with us paid by check on the same day. We could not print their pass until four weeks later, a good two weeks beyond the deadline. The TA must have mailed in the check on time or else the reservation would have been cancelled. After a few anxious weeks. we're all set to go.
Coral Prnicess 6/2007