Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Beginner

Default drink passes

I have done RCI once previous time. I have seen this question before but never jotted down the answer, so I am hoping that you guys (and girls) can answer it again for me. Does RCI offer drink passes for the 7 day cruises, either for soda or alcohol? Our family of 14 will be traveling with 5 children on 11-26-05 and we want the most cost effective way to save money, short of smuggling soda on the ship. Can we get them before hand and how much are they?
Thanx
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Yeoman

You can get the soda cards on the ship as soon as you board at any of the bars. The cost is $6 per person per day, so a 7 day cruise would be $42 for adults. And for children it is $4 per person per day.

Alchohol cards are available for large groups only, and I did the math. Not worth it unless you drink like a fish. I don't know that your group is large enough for the alchohol pass, but if so, I would pass. I think I remember it being over $70 per person per day.
Old September 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Admiral

You don't need to "smuggle" soda on, you are allowed to bring some on. We just took a 12 pack of Pepsi and 6 pack of water with no problems. If every family did this and limited the number of soda per person a day you would save a lot of money. When our 3 sons cruised with us we would take 3 - 24 packs of soda and a case of water in a carry on with no problems. Then at the end of the cruise we had lots of extra room for souvenirs. The ice tea and lemonade are a refreshing alternative to soda during the day too. The soda card is for one person only so buying a few might not be cost effective.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302