Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Beginner

Default trying to decide bwt Serenade/Adventurer/Radiance

We have cruised several times... all on RCCL. We have always been pleased. This time the kids are coming.. 7/10 years old (boys). We wnat to take them to see some of the fun things we have done in the past. We are traveling during spring break.. I really would like to have a owners or grande suite to accomadate all four of us nicely. It would also be less expensive than two cabins. The things our kids most want to do is swim with the dolphins and stingrays... I started out looking for a Western itinerary to go to Caymen and jamacia ...The ships and the suites didn't match up. Although I did find the Radiance. Then our travel agent mentioned trying a new route and going to the southern carb.. and checking out the dolphins /stingrays in St. Maarten or St. Johns... Does anyone know anything about those excursions??? Also the three ships i am trying to decide between... ??? Serenade is really new... same stuff as Radiance but can't get a suite on Serenade (sold out...i am waitlisted in a Junior suite)It does have a really fun itinerary in the Southern Carb. The Adventurer..always a great ship of the voyager ships has the suites ... and the great stuff on the ship for the kids...etc... but the itinerary.. is not all that... or is it??? Anyone have any info on curaco? What do kids like to do in Aruba? Help?? I need to decide and get my vacation booked!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I'm 16 and I've been on the Adventure with a cruise booked on the Serenade for February.
I've never been to the Western Caribbean but I have been to Aruba and Curacao.
In Aruba we did a snorkeling excursion over the shipwreck Antilla. We booked it through RCI. It was absolutely amazing. It was probably the best 3 hours of the cruise.
Curacao is one of my favorite ports. We went to Playa Porto Mari. We booked the tour through RCI. We snorkeled off the beach. It was a lot of fun and the beach is beautiful.
I think that there's a dolphin swin in Curacao.
I would reccomend the Adventure.
Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old November 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Beginner

Hey Thanks!!! That is great info... listen.. I am so glad I got someone your age replying b/c my niece who is 17 may also coming along... Would she like the adventurer? Is there a lot to do for girls your age?
Kathleen