Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Default To Dave the Wave

Dave the Wave wrote:
Wow! A fire, a medical emergency and windy weather all on the same 3 night cruise? 2 out of 3 not their fault and they seemed to contain the little fire alright. How was the food, entertainment, pool activities and overall cruise? Did you enjoy being at sea, looking out over the rail with a cocktail in hand while leaving worries at home? Were you able to improve on your suntan? Did you eat well?

Hey Dave-
Guess I have been spoiled by 12 previous cruises with great weather
and newer, nicer ships. The weather was warmer on an Alaskan cruise I went on! Other events that weren't their fault included the drunk women in the next cabin who partied loud till 2 AM on Fri and Sat nite.
Or the young couple on the other side who had a HUGE fight at 2 AM Sun morning for an hour complete with things thrown at the wall and her screaming "Don't Hurt Me, Don't Hurt Me!!
The first nite after dinner, the beds were turned down-but that was it. No fresh towels(even though they were on the floor) no fresh ice- and had to ask for toilet paper.
The unscheduled sea day was in the 50's in the morning. Went to the windjammer for breakfast but only the outside part was open the first hour. Needless to say, the food was COLD before I even made it to the table. Eating cold breakfast outside with a hooded sweatshirt and jacket just didn't cut it for me.When I asked someone for a coffee mug I was directed to a pile of paper cups by the coffee machines. Swimming was out of the question- NO ONE was in the pool all day not even the kids. There were the up north die hards who took their shirts off determined to get a tan. Could never manage to get from the elevator to the cabin without being hit by the stench of human waste. Had planned to book a future cruise on board;checked the RCCL web site first but when I went to book it, they wanted 100 more than what the web site advertised. I even had the cruise consultant verify it on the site. I suppose I could have made a big argument- their response was- sorry, nothing we can do, the web site must not be updated........ The food was good, not great. I hated the old buffet line concept in the windjammer- much prefer the station system on the newer ships.
But yes , I still had a good time- but would place it at the bottom of all the cruises I have been on. You seem like a cool mellow guy and perhaps none of this would bother you- guess I just expect a better cruise experience. Randy
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Passenger

wow dave i dont think randy likes you too much!
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Randy,

Yes, I am mellow. I do understand your frustration with the weather. I worked in the beach business at local resorts for years. People come from the North for a much anticipated vacation and get hit with a cold front when it was beautiful the day before and the day after they left.

Sometimes the 3 nighters are filled with first timers and hard weekend partiers and it makes for a different cruise experience than the longer ones.

I hope your next cruise is better. But any cruise is better than being at work!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10