Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Default Adventure of the Seas

I am cruising AOS in March. Looking for experiences of those who have cruised this ship. It is my first cruise and my boyfriend and I wanted the larger ship with more choices of activities. Just looking to hear how your trip was!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be sailing on AOS on Sunday and will return on the 29th.I will give you a report at that time.We were on this same ship in October and it was great that is why we rebooked it.We are also Diamond members of RCCL.
Old January 18th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Beginner

We were planning on adventure of the seas ourselves. Then we got so much info we decided to go with Serenade of the seas. Seems the Radiance class got much better reviews. My wife really wanted the ice skating rink, but found out you gotta wait forever in line anyway. So we had to decide between a shopping mall or a little nicer ship with more windows all the way around. Don't mean to knock your trip cause it was such a hard choice for us. Go to www.cruisecritic.com and you can do a poll of which class is better. Have fun no matter what. We want to try the bigger ship next time too. Look forward to your review.
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Was on Adventure several years back... and on sister ship Voyager too. There are many things to do on board to keep you occupied while at sea. Since this is your first cruise... you will probably spend days when in port checking out the local scene and doing tours... so there are really only 1 or 2 days at sea on a 7 day cruise. You will enjoy it and there are so many things going on that you will not get to do or enjoy all of them. Enjoy the spa... and be sure to see one of the ice shows, the shows I have seen were great! I have found that there is usually more things to do than there is time during the day.

The AOS and other Voyager class ships are big and have lots of people on board. If you like to sit poolside during the day.. .be sure to get up to the deck early to get a lounge. There are lots of people (3000+) so sometimes the popular activities can be a challenge because you may have to wait. The ice show tickets go fast so decide which show you are going to see (there are 2 shows on different nites) and get them as soon as they are available (they are free!!) Each nite when you get back to cabin after your dinner... the cruise compass will outline activities for the next day. That way you can plan out things that you may want to do.

Have a great time and enjoy your cruise!
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old January 20th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Adventure of the Seas in 2004, I've also been on Explorer which is a twin. I loved Adventure, its a gorgeous ship with so much to do, you can be busy all the time if you choose to be. We did the 5 port cruise, I think they also do a 4 port on alternate weeks...great stops, all of them. Someone mentioned the ice show, be sure and get tickets for that, they go fast. Another must-do, I think, is the Quest. It is held in the ice rink, no tickets were needed but you have to get down there and get a seat. It is very popular and the funniest thing I've ever seen! Passenger participation scavenger hunt with teams, and it was hilarious. We loved Johnny Rockets as well. When I went it was free, now there is a sur-charge. The parades in the Promenade were great as well, I think there were 2 during the cruise. You will love that ship.
Old January 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

[/b]I have been on the adventure 3x now. Latest being in September 2005 . You will love this ship just as much as the Radiance Class. They both have so much to offer, if you like more activities the Adventure is your ship. The skating show is a must as everyone else confirms. you can also take a shot at putting skates on yourself, (IF YOUR NOT A CLUTZ LIKE ME ON BLADES) just give me roller skates. You can also roller blade, play mini golf, basketball court is the best. There is a problem at the pools if you don't go early and claim a spot. But there are several pool choices. Main pool is the worst though. Plenty of options all the way around. I will be on the serenade next week and love the Radiance class as well . Whichever you choose you will have a great time. I just think that Itinerary is the most important part. You will always find enough to do on board. HAVE A GREAT TRIP !!!!!!!
Voyager -Nov09
Celebrity Summit - Jan09
Carnival Legend - Sept08
Serenade of the Seas - Feb07,May09
Celebrity Infinity - Aug06
Adventure of the Seas - Feb08,Jan06,Sept06
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM
Passenger

We've had great times on all of our cruises, but Adventure might be the best. We went down two days prior and really had a chance to settle into vacation mode. Our flight down was messed up, but since we left early, we had no worries about missing the ship. Also, we were able to exlpore Old San Juan, a classic spot to visit. Now, we also met some great people on the ship, which added to the overall experience. If time and budget permit, go down a day early and explore Old San Juan and El Junque.

Voyager of the Seas March 2000
Adventure of the Seas March 2002
Navigator of the Seas March 2003
Serenade of the Seas March 2004
Enchantment of the Seas January 2006
Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

We've been on the Navigator (sister to Adventure) and the Serenade. Liked the Navigator way better. Serenade is smaller with less people but I felt that made it seem more crowded. My husband spent an hour circling the decks to find us chairs on the sea day, on the Navigator we found chairs no problem and it was a full ship. We never felt crowded or overwhelmed on NOS.
The skating rink was awesome and we didn't wait in line forever, maybe 5 minutes tops. It's very well organized.

We will be on the Adventure in March as well. Which week are you going?
motorcross-tracks home-schooling aquaculture automobile-transport architects doctor sonography driving-permit phlebotomy dmv nurse-practitioners medical-assistants photography-schools insurance-dept population colleges deptartment-of-revenue analyst massage-schools emt-basic marriage-liscense gambling-laws job-fairs mortician bike-shops pug-breeders nurse-assistant dwi-attorney visas ******* agriculture richest-people education honda-dealerships bridal-shops psychiatrists jeep-dealers electricians used-trucks medical-transcriptionist

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

We got hooked on cruising on our first cruise--Explorer to the W.Carib. Later we took her to the W. Carib. and the next year we took Adventure to the S. Carib (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas) It was great and we love the Voyager class. We never feel lost or crowded, food was great and there's plenty to do. The ice shows are amazing, considering the smaller space the skaters have to work with. Ship decor is beautiful, food and entertainment were great and the rooms are plenty big for us. We have always had an Ocean View cabin.
This summer we are doing our first cruise on a Radiance-class ship and know it will also be fabulous.

1/12/02 Explorer E. Carib.
1/18/03 Explorer W. Carib.
8/3/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour
2/8/04 Adventure S. Carib.
2/3/05 Galaxy Panama Canal
6/19/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords