Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Default Bring liquor on ship?

Has anyone brought liquor on board when you embark? Do you have to hide it or can you just put it in your luggage in the original bottle? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Passenger

We've brought wine in our carry on with no problem. We've also brought our own rum, but used water bottles to bring it on board. Never were questioned about anything.
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Admiral

go to RCCL's web site to get the definitive answer from the cruise line.
Old February 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
NWLB

The definitive answer from the cruise line will be to tell you that you can't or shouldn't.

People do it anyway. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't drink, don't like people being told what they can or can't bring with them, but also don't like the prospect of people carting kegs, and tons of beer onto a ship with them.

I suppose the policy is better than no policy at all, lest thing get out of hand, which they surly would.
Old February 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Admiral

NWLB - the reason that this policy exists is exactly the reason you mentioned. Not too too many years age the cruise lines would allow you bring aboard liquor, within reason, but people began abusing that policy, trying to bring aboard wheeled coolers full of beer, etc, etc, and the cruise lines cracked down and instituted the liquor policies.
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
NWLB

I just wish I could bring a case of diet soda onboard. Now that irritates me.

Am I cheap? I wasn't until I had to figure out how to pay for the two kids I've added to my travel party in the last couple of years.
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Admiral

NWLB,
We have brought one of those 24 cartons of soda in our carry on a couple of times with no problems. Sam's Club sells a 36 soda carton that can fit in your carry on. I have no problem paying only 21 cents instead of $1.75 for a soda.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:07 AM
Passenger

We're heading out in 3 weeks for my first cruise, husband's 4th. The booking agent (Not RCI) said a lot of people put cases of soda or a bottle in their luggage. I will probably do the same. We're in our 40s and are not wild, crazy, drunks - but we do like to have a cocktail before dinner, and a nightcap on the balcony before sleep.

Certainly people shouldn't roll kegs or coolers on board, but if you're responsible, I don't what the big deal is. We do it at hotels and resorts all the time.
Old February 21st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Admiral

NWLB - the cruise line will usually let you bring aboard a REASONABLE amount of soda- brands or types that they do not sell onboard with not much hassle. Buy a six-pack at your port of departure,put it in you carry-on and then replenish your supply from the grocery stores on each island.
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:58 PM
Passenger

I don't understand. Are coolers allowed or not?
Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Admiral

You cannot bring a cooler (full or empty ) on board. You can pack the small collapasable type ones in your luggage or carry-on to take on excursions.
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Passenger

Default coolers

I called RCL today. They said there is no rule against coolers, but you can't put soda or alcohol in it.
Old February 26th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Beginner

My husband and I have traveled on RCCL 10 times and we have always brought some of our own liquor. We usually bring two large bottles and wrap them in clothing and secure them in our luggage. We still end up purchasing liquor on board including wine. But, it is still nice to have something in your state room. I know this is suppose to be a no-no, but we still do it!!

Joey