Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:00 PM
StephenAGoreJr

to smart little lightsluvr...someone is a diamond member when their parents have been one for years....you turn 18 and POOF you become one. Glad you have nothing better to do than WONDER how things happen. Diamond...soon to be diamond plus. sorry. don't hate.
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Stevie, calm down, I just asked how you made diamond while only listing two completed RCI cruises. Congrats on being diamond.

LL
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

The way I understand it, you have to have accompanied them on all ten of those cruises. My kids have been on 5 with me now. By the time they are 18 it will be 10. But if I go on 10 plus, do my kids become Diamonds even if they did not go on 10? I didn't think so....

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
The way I understand it, you have to have accompanied them on all ten of those cruises. My kids have been on 5 with me now. By the time they are 18 it will be 10. But if I go on 10 plus, do my kids become Diamonds even if they did not go on 10? I didn't think so....
Ddave after my daughter turned 18-her cruises did transfer over-she has her own membeship # now-but I would think only the cruises your sons went with you would transfer though-my guess-I don't know as our daughter has been with us on every RCI cruise we have taken-she just will not be with us next year as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on JOS-so she is not invited!!!!!

Will your boys be with you on Mariner of the Seas? I asked because we loved the atruim staterooms but they only sleep two people. Our daughter shared another stateroom with her friend-so she was not with us.

The atruim staterooms are less then oceanviews but slightly higher then an inside-and are alot of fun! I enjoyed watching the promande from there.
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yes, they are going and very excited about it. We have a larger ocean view on deck 9 booked. I asked in another post if anyone had been in one. It is 9218 all the way forward and 211 SF. It is right under the bridge. There are three on each side and this one is first next to balcony cabins. The two forward have sloped walls that take away from the space.

No, offense but to have a prom stateroom to view the "mall" takes away from the feeling of being at sea.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Yes, they are going and very excited about it. We have a larger ocean view on deck 9 booked. I asked in another post if anyone had been in one. It is 9218 all the way forward and 211 SF. It is right under the bridge. There are three on each side and this one is first next to balcony cabins. The two forward have sloped walls that take away from the space.

No, offense but to have a prom stateroom to view the "mall" takes away from the feeling of being at sea.
Oh no offense-we just wanted something differant. we have done inside, oceanview, balconies. Only on RCI voyager class do you get this experience. so we decide dto go for it! We love the balconies but they were too pricy for us on this cruise and we decided just to go for an atruim stateroom.

It is a shame you can 't get one that holds more people. Those parades were so crowded-wall to wall people -it was really nice to watch from there!

Also you had the "feel" of looking over a mall. Our staterom was great-we were on deck 7 going toward the library. Now my daughter and her friend were over the irish pub and even though there was a stateroom directly below them they could still hear the people in the pub.

We were over the liquor store. I guess it was quieter in there!
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM
StephenAGoreJr

I might try one of those promenade rooms one day. I think it would be neat.