Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda
Default What's your favorite RCL Ship and why?

yes, we're planning our next vacation, any stories, info, is appreciated !!
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

[b]I really enjoy cruising on any Voyager class ship when going with a group or family members. There is something for everyone. I also really love the Radiance class, they are the most beautiful ships around IMHO. If you want more activities, go for the Voyager or the newest class, Freedom of the Seas. I will be able to check the new Freedom of the Seas out next Sept.

There is still plenty to do on any Radiance class as well, you just won't have the big promonade and the ice skating rink, but they do have self leveling pool tables that are pretty cool.
[/b]

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

We were just snooping Freedom of the Seas on the RCCL website! It looks AWESOME! But at that price, we'll have to book a year or more down the road for our family of 5
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Beginner

My favorite is the Soverign, even thou it only goes out on 3 and 4 day cruises, it's home port is only 45 min. away from me, I go on it at least once a year. since the refurb it is absolutly beautiful.

A near second is the Radiance, A grand ship with alot of areas to explore. the decor adds to the experience. I was on the Radiance in Alaska (My Favorite destination) and found many times that me and my wife were the only ones around, even days at sea

I have also been on the Mariner, it to is a beautiful ship BUT, to big for me, and it seemed that anywhere I was is where everyone else was, except on our Balcony.

I do like crowds, just not all the time, when I go on a cruise I do want some "alone Time" and the Radiance fits that perfectly but my heart always goes with the Soverign
Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I would also have to vote for the Sovereign but mostly for sentimental reasons.
Cowboyninja where are you? We're in Orlando and love being so close to Port Canaveral.
Have also been on the Vision of the Seas for Alaska and loved it, as well as the Mariner which is getting a little too big for our liking but still a great trip.
Angela Z.
Old April 24th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Passenger

we love the radiance class - jewel of the seas is our favorite the ship is beautiful - not to big that you cant get to know your way around - lots for the kids to do - rooms were unbelievable - we had a d-1 balcony - we have cruised disney several times and i have to say the jewel is more beautiful, more fun, lively, food was great, it was a A+++++++++
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Well, I can only say I loved Serenade of the Seas. It was our first cruise & the ship was still new. Everything was spread out & great deck plans.

Course, you'd have to fly to Puerto Rico if you are planning on going to the Caribbean.
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
First Mate

Loved all the RC ships I have sailed on... I like the Radiance class ships, as I think they have best layout on the ship. Highly recommend getting cabins forward or mid ship. It can be a long walk to elevator bank if you have an aft cabin... that would be only complaint. If you are traveling with children.... the Voyager Class will have something for everyone.

My favorite ship was Enchantment of the Seas, followed by Radiance of the Seas. Least favorite was Voyager, as ship was visibly worn when I was on her. Partial to the smaller ships here....
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Captain

ANY of the Radiance class ships without a doubt. I cruise 3 or 4 times a year and love the layout. Large but not too large and they were designed to have more room per passenger (mostly in the public areas).
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Love them all but my favorites are the Voyager class - especially Explorer of the Seas. There's so much to do and don't let the size of it scare you away. The way the ship was built is phenominal to handle that many people. The only time it seemed crowded was by the pool on a sea day!

Old April 30th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

the Monarch of the Seas because the great service
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Passenger

I loved all that I have sailed on but I have a soft spot for "Legend of the Seas". She is an older ship but what a "charmer".