Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
that foot hanging out of her she said was her husband who fell in got and stuck in there. Pretty weird if you ask me!
Well, by the looks of her...her story is not entirely outside the realm of possibility! ROFL
T
Old July 3rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Dave,
I do love that one, nice color too, you look good on blue :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Thank you, Donna.

Happy 4th of July everybody! Even you Canadians, aye? Today I will wear my Red, white and Blue speedo!! Need a flag for my boat and then it's off for adventure in the SS Minnow.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Dave, your lifeguard speedos are very nice! Its those "other" speedo type bathing suits that i don't like. They don't leave anything to the imagination-that is why a lot of folks don't like them.
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Thanks Lisa. I am just an average white boy so was never comfortable showing it off in the banana hammock anyway. I was on a swim team when I was about 12 and always worried I might get wood around the pool. Sometimes I still have this concern so the baggies are much better.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Dave the Wave..those 40 women just didn't "show up" on your cruise..they are members of your devoted stalking 'Dave The Wave" fan club..

FYI..iin your speedo's with your tan, you don't look like an average white boy (VBG)..sure you are not one of the brothers from the block (smile)..they wear baggie stuff to leave more to the imigination

however, I do like your blue trunks ? where did you get them from ? I might buy some to wear on the Freedom of the Seas next May and maybe someone will think we are brothers !!
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Suncoast Surf Shop. They retail for $44 but I found them at Ross for $12 so I bought 2. Best thing is the waterproof pocket. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
StephenAGoreJr

nice boardshorts. Why speedo though? Where do you live in regards to the coast and how big is that boat? We have a 20 foot cobia and I was out on it all weekend here off the coast of beautiful wilmington, nc!!!
Old July 6th, 2006, 10:05 PM
First Mate

I actually ordered a pair of boardshorts before my Freedom cruise. You have to be an old fart to remember Birdwell Beach Britches, but they are the best! I ordered the classic lifeguard style in black. It's a family business out in California who have been making them since the late '60s or something.

I think the only pics I have are the ones taken by the ship photog...with the guy dressed as a fuzzy turtle in Grand Cayman. Will try to get a scan.

Loved them for snorkeling. They were shorts and swimsuit bottoms, all in one! They'll be great in Dec...if I ever get around to taking my fat arse for a ride on the flowrider!

T
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Yes, I know Birdwell Beach Britches and have some. There is a surf shop here that still sells them. Also Sundeks. I like the Speedos for the waterproof pocket. I can swim with my cigs to the bar.

It is 17' Aqua Sport with 90 HP Ocean Pro. Perfect for my Honda Element to pull and fits in my garage. "Dave the Wave's Hi and Dry"

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Thanks Lisa. I am just an average white boy so was never comfortable showing it off in the banana hammock anyway. I was on a swim team when I was about 12 and always worried I might get wood around the pool. Sometimes I still have this concern so the baggies are much better.
we had quite a discussion about that type of swimsuit on another messegeboard. Appartently this older guy had one on on this Celebrity cruise that went to Panama Canal. Apparently he strutted around alot. Plenty of comments like no one would want to use a lounge chair after him because of that butt crack stuff-it got really gross.

I have never seen that type of suit but it sounds like a jockey strap to me. So you call it a banana hammock-they were calling it a "sock" on that thread.

I will tell you my own funny epxerience. This older guy (mid 60's) in a swimsuit that was too small because of his beer belly- this was on the Disney Wonder 2 years ago- it kept sliding down below the beer belly and he was showing like 6 inches of butt crack!!!! I would have prefered him in speedos!!!!!!
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Just say "No" to crack. Crack kills. Now there are some nice cracks and some cracks I would rather not see. But it always seems the ones you do want to see aren't exposed. It's usually the fat hairy guys.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Dave the Wave..you would be surprised as to what is not appealing to you would be very appealing to someone else !!!..there is a very strong correlation between the size of one's bank account and the attraction to that person...sad, but very very true in today's dating world

of course in your case..by flashing your diamond status membership card onboard the ship along with your speedo will attract both sexes to you (VBG) !!
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Sorry mam, but not me
(No offense DtW) 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
...of course in your case..by flashing your diamond status membership card onboard the ship along with your speedo will attract both sexes to you (VBG) !!
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Venice,

I have decided to leave the Speedo at home next time.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Dave the Wave..on behalf of the thousands of Royal Caribbean cruisers, thank you for retiring your speedo !!!!!
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Yes, the Speedo is retired. They are old school anyway. Now I have a new thong I am going to start wearing on the pooldeck.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Good to hear DtW, I am sure that will satisfy Ms venice and the other hotties on the board and onboard
Old July 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Yes, I am sure Ms Venice will be pleased.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Admiral

From what I´ve read, more than..... 8)

Quote:
Yes, I am sure Ms Venice will be pleased.
Old July 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Admiral

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha you guys !!!!!!! very funny

The concept of "metro cruising male" must not be known to most of you..Dave the Wave and myself are just ahead of our time (smile)
Old July 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Perhaps you are right Ms venice. But changing to thongs instead of speedos is going back in time
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Roland, that is actually Mr. Venice. Wasn't sure if you realized that.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Admiral

I suspected that DtW and that´s why I deliberately wrote Ms venice

[quote="Dave the Wave"]Roland, that is actually Mr. Venice. Wasn't sure if you realized that. [/i]
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Admiral

BTW Venice, I have found that out in my single life. Chics like guys with more money. My good looks and great personality are only getting me so far. To get the really hot chics, one needs money. And there is a sliding scale. The more money you have, the older and less attractive you can be. I am not looking for somone younger than 30's though. I am realistic. Besides they are hard to talk to. The young girls don't listen to the same music as me. When I am looking to find someone who knows all the words to "Paradise by the Dashboard light" - by Meatloaf, to sing with me in kareoke, it is always the chics my age that know the song. The young girls say, "Meat who??" 30-40 is my range but 50 is Ok if she has money

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Now you are on the right track DtW
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Thanks Roland. I am always learning something new though. Just when you think you have them figured out, they will surprise you with something new. So, I just go with the flow.

My brother does have them figured out though. He was a pharmaceutical rep and when they evaluate drugs, it is always a matter of whether a drugs' benefits outweigh their side effects. Women, it turns out, are the same way. As long as their benefits outweigh the side effects, you are ahead of the game.

In other words, some are more trouble than they are worth. Good words of wisdom I think.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
StephenAGoreJr

Money Talks. I am glad I am just out of college so I can use the excuse of not having any. I have seen what money can do for someone when it comes to girls. Especially if you live on the coast, have a boat, nice car etc. Just wish that was me haha, Take em on cruises would be nice but you have to get them first and that involves what I just said. As for the crack talk, I love seeing just a tad bit from a women...sexy one that is.
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Admiral

All I can say DtW, Your brother must be a wise man.
Please take care of and listen to him even in the future.

Quote:
Thanks Roland. I am always learning something new though. Just when you think you have them figured out, they will surprise you with something new. So, I just go with the flow.

My brother does have them figured out though. He was a pharmaceutical rep and when they evaluate drugs, it is always a matter of whether a drugs' benefits outweigh their side effects. Women, it turns out, are the same way. As long as their benefits outweigh the side effects, you are ahead of the game.

In other words, some are more trouble than they are worth. Good words of wisdom I think.
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Dave The Wave..thanks for validating my post (before everyone got off tangent with the Ms Venice slant (smile)..remembering that this is a board devoted to cruising, I'll always remember my first cruise to Greece back in the early 80's...It was on Sun Line (now Royal Olympic before it went out of business)...and not only were we one of the few Americans onboard, we were the only African American couple, and by far we were the youngest couple onboard...I observed several couples where the man was much older and the woman was young, beautiful and had a killer body...In my naivete, I actually thought they were father/daughter untill my then GF pointed out what the real deal was

Flash forward and now today I understand..the good news is that the woman's movement has brought forth equality in respect that a very successful older woman can now afford to cruisel with a much young male companion (i.e. Richard Gere's movie American Gigilo or my favorite movie with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matheau, "Out To Sea")

Dave..if you want to test your theory, lose your job and see how long your GF hangs around..but like my grandfather taught me..a woman that stays with a man when things aren't going well..is a woman to keep when things get better

If you are single parent and middle age, regardless of sex, it's tough out there in the dating world....