Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Passenger

Default BAYONNE TO BERMUDA NEXT WEEK - POSSIBLE WARDROBE MALFUNCTION

Being so excited about our first cruise, I planned my wardrobe weeks ago. Now the weather has turned cooler and I am rethinking my plan. I know that the weather will be cool as we leave the port, and warm when we get to Bermuda, I'd like to ask those who have cruised out of the NE this time of year, where does the warm weather start? I think it must be chilly out there on the ocean, especially at night. Any advise will be appreciated, but I need it fast as we leave Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I did this same cruise about 4 years ago at this time and it was cool the first day out and the last day on the way back. I remember wearing shorts and a t-shirt covered up by a sweatshirt on these two days. The weather once we got down to Bermuda was nice, about 82 degrees and a little humid which I like. Bob
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Passenger

ok. sounds like I may just have to pack a few long sleeves along with my summer clothes. Thanks for the info.
Old October 10th, 2006, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

We did a cruise to no where a couple years back, in mid october. It was chilly leaving, but the next morning, it was warmer than I would have expected. You forget how much the Gulf Stream controls the weather. I should have packed shorts.
Old October 10th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Admiral

I have always beleived in dressing and packing for where you are going and not from where you depart.

Bring the shorts!

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Admiral

By all means pack your summer wear, but you should throw in a pair of lightweight sweatpants & a zip front sweatshirt for cooler days at sea.
A nice sweater or blazer to throw over your summer evening clothes is also something you will need.
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Great advise guys! Very much looking forward to my first cruise! Thanks again..