Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Passenger

Default Something really cool to do in St. Maarten?

We are going to be in St. Maarten on the day of my dad's 70th B-day and were looking for something really special to do while there. We have been there on cruises probably 15 times and have stayed there once. We have also been to Anguilla, and were thinking of going there for the day. Does anyone have any suggestions of some different things we can do this year? The cruise line has been very unhelpful, because as we all know, all they want to do is sell one of their excursions.
Ectasy 1993
Statendam 1993, 1994, 1996
Royal Princess 1995
Veendam 1997
Splendor of the Seas 1998
Elation 1999
Volendam 1999
Rotterdam 2000
Monarch of the Seas 2001
Explorer of the Seas 2002
Golden Princess 2003
Caribbean Princess 2004
Jewel of the Seas 2006*
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM
First Mate

The top rated excursion in the Caribbean is on St. Maarten - the America's Cup Regatta. I bet he would be thrilled to do this race! There are jobs for all physical abilities, from being a grinder (hard work) to a winch wench (I did this, so it is not hard), to being timekeeper to being the barkeeper. You sail one of the yachts that raced in the real America's Cup against other cruisers sailing another of the yachts. Here is a link to my photos; check out the ones for St. Maarten. http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100

What a wonderful way to spend time with your Dad. Memories are wonderful! Making memories is priceless!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with the America's cup boat "race". They sell this via the line, but I still think it is a unique experience and especially interesting for anyone who likes sailing.
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've booked a Segway tour through RCCL for St. Maarten. It's called "Rolling In Paradise-Segway of St. Maarten". We've rode Segways before and it's a different experience from riding a bike or motorcycle. Once you get the hang of it, you will not want to return it at the end of the tour! This tour takes you along a boardwalk, then for a ride on a beach. This may just fill your need for something really cool and different to do.

Jeff
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I did the America's Cup Regatta once and it was totally thrilling, something to think about. I think you do have to book it through the cruiseline. This is one of those that do fill up quickly, so if you want to book it, I'd pre-book it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here is the web site for the america's cup boats: http://www.12metre.com/index.htm

They suggest booking through the cruise line.