Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1
Default RCCL

I have been on three cruises all with Royal Caribbean. They do offer military rates, as mentioned by original crusemate. The reason I like RCCL is the staff is very friendly, the large ships offer more than the smaller ships, they have ice skating rink, and the ice capade show is great, the shows were wonderful, I have seen the platters, Sinbad the Comedian, the Blues Brothers, so most times we have had a wonderful time. The cabins are larger on the newer ships, but you can have fun on the smaller ships. My wife and I will be in Europe on Splendour of the Seas in May celebrating our 25th anniversary. WE have not been on this ship before, however we have been on Majesty, which is about the same size, so we figure it will be almost the same. We have also been on the Explorer, which is a large ship and had a wonderful time. Hope this helps
Cheers,

ps, my cousin is chief purser for Carnival and has invited my wife and I to join her on a cruise, but have yet to take her up on the offer. Bottom line: I think you can have fun and party on any ship that you choose.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:14 PM
First Mate

tkerwin, You said you see The Blues Brothers and the Platters on RCCL's? What ships were they? I have been on RCCL, and never seen any personalities. I have on other cruise lines, but not RCCL.

We are going in April on the Serenade of the Seas, and I would like to know (is there a way to find out?) if there are going to be any "special" entertainers on board.
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1
Default Why I like RCCL

I saw the Platters on Majesty of the Seas, and saw the Blues Brothers, which was show out of Vegas, on the Explorer of the Seas. We did not know in advance, we found out once we got on the ships. The cruise line tries to book upscale entertainment; however the groups get on and off midway, and if they miss an airline connection then they won't be able to perform so you never know what u will get. Anyway both shows were wonderful, so go out there and have fun
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Admiral

On the Serenade of the Seas back in 2005 we saw the Nelson brothers, sons of Ozzie and Harriet and also the Osmond Brothers. They mentioned that Marie and Donny were in England at the time. They actually are very funny and do a good comedy routine. Bob
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:53 PM
First Mate

Is there anyway to know ahead of time of any of these "personalities" being on the ship that you are taking? In otherwords, is there anyway to check the itinerary out "ahead" of time?

I have been on a few cruises where I have seen some of the personalities, but did not know until we got on ship.

In fact, last year we seen Richard Simmons, as he had brought a large group of people with him. To top this off, when we got on the tender, he came on the same one as us. I decided I would never see him again, so I ask him if I could take his picture, and he said yes, as long as you sit on my lap and have that lady take our picture together, so that is what we did. It was a good picture, but we both had wind blow hair.