Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
People bring them onboard in their luggage unknowingly....
Or on their clothing, or on their person.

Itchy yet??
Uhhhh....yes!

And I can't stand pictures of bugs.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabean

Uhhhh....yes!

And I can't stand pictures of bugs.
I can't either.
I wonder if bugs can stand pictures of people?
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Admiral

This website is better than I thought. I just received my Phd in Bedbugology from you all. Thanks for the info I will keep my eyes (magnifying glass) open for them.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Admiral

another fact on bed bugs, they can survive on their last meal a long time, something like thirty days, whereas, fleas and ticks need meals constantly. So that is why you should be careful with your luggage; vacuum it inside and out as soon as you get home and store it in a large sealed garbage bag.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Passenger

What's really amazing is that the orginal poster has not reponded back with any info that was asked for I too smell a troll.

Fair Princess 6/91 Alaska
Voyager of the Sea 2/06 W.Caribbean
Enchantment of the Sea 7/06 W. Caribbean
Brillance of the Sea 4/07 Panama Canal
Majesty of the Sea 6/07 Key West
Navigator of the Sea 1/08 Cozumel
Mariner of the Sea 6/08 E. Caribbean

Old January 25th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by san4u2
What's really amazing is that the orginal poster has not reponded back with any info that was asked for I too smell a troll.
noticed that too, sometimes, I think people just need a forum to vent; they vent and move on....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old October 20th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Beginner

Default Buggin' out...

I read through the posts - and would not ever call down a poster who reports these little beasts...

The problem lies beyond a gross holiday - it costs anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000 to get rid of any hitchhiking bedbugs that break out into an infestation at someone's HOME. Losing thousands of dollars of upholstered furniture/mattresses and similar costs for professional extermination is very much a big issue.

As for "trolls" - this is my first Cruisemates post - but only because I am used to another site (I kind of like this one though, and will be back). Another poster from the Princess site just reported bedbugs on the Crown Princess, where we are set to sail from in one week. Thus, the search for "bedbugs". Check the mattress for dots EVERYTIME you start a cruise - and the sheets every morning after for pinpoint dots of blood... Gross maybe, but necessary when the world is getting smaller and the once mostly bug-free North America is only hours away from the rest of the world's historic "fauna". BTW, bedbugs are a major reason why British Royalty maintained summer and winter castles in the middle ages... When the infestations became unbearable, they would move to another residence - and the bugs would freeze or starve out by the time they returned...
Old October 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Buggin' out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acemeister79
I read through the posts - and would not ever call down a poster who reports these little beasts...

The problem lies beyond a gross holiday - it costs anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000 to get rid of any hitchhiking bedbugs that break out into an infestation at someone's HOME. Losing thousands of dollars of upholstered furniture/mattresses and similar costs for professional extermination is very much a big issue.

As for "trolls" - this is my first Cruisemates post - but only because I am used to another site (I kind of like this one though, and will be back). Another poster from the Princess site just reported bedbugs on the Crown Princess, where we are set to sail from in one week. Thus, the search for "bedbugs". Check the mattress for dots EVERYTIME you start a cruise - and the sheets every morning after for pinpoint dots of blood... Gross maybe, but necessary when the world is getting smaller and the once mostly bug-free North America is only hours away from the rest of the world's historic "fauna". BTW, bedbugs are a major reason why British Royalty maintained summer and winter castles in the middle ages... When the infestations became unbearable, they would move to another residence - and the bugs would freeze or starve out by the time they returned...
Welcome aboard Ace - yep bed bugs are costly if you bring the travelers home. And it isn't just cruise lines dealing with the problem.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:00 AM
Beginner

all I want to say is ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! will be checking my cabin bed with a magnifying glass!! I hate bugs.
Old November 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

All you ever wanted to know about bedbugs.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/across-...00010000000001
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Passenger

It is not the cruise lines fault, bedbugs can be found anywhere. They are not dangerous. Gross, yes, annoying, yes, costly to get rid of, yes, but not a serious health hazard. I travel a LOT for work and have to stay in many hotel rooms. You would be surprised by how many hotels, resorts and yes even cruise lines are affected by bed bugs. They do check for them but these little buggers can reproduce quickly and are easy to miss. I recommend making a habit of checking the stitching in your mattress and the cracks and back of your headboard. I have found bed bugs at the Hilton (the poor front desk girl nearly fainted), the Radisson and once had my reservation changed due to an infestation at the Sheraton. It has nothing to do with cleanliness and bed bugs have been around for a long time. I agree with a previous poster saying vacuum out your bags when you get home. The ones I've seen are a yellowish red and look kind of like those tiny white watermelon seeds. It's icky but bugs are a fact of life. I've heard of people suing hotels over bed bugs which I think is ludicrous. You could pick them up staying at a friends house! Would you sue them???? Well.....I guess some people would....

As far as pouncing on the initial poster, I don't think people were trying to pounce on him because he posted a negative post. Many of the posts were trying to sympathize (and find out what room he was in) and others were trying to be helpful (sprays - not recommended) and of course if you post false information you will get called on it (extreme health hazard) whether you are posting positively or negatively.