Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

hey,freedom07,i think what what most want to hear is a balanced review,good and bad,not a biased one way,somthing,somone made me mad,it ruined my whole week,thats not helpful,to those who are considering,this ship,you need to post some pics also,greg
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Good point Greg. Yes, I would never let one incident ruin my week. In fact, nothing would ruin my week. Greg, we want some of your pics in the party thread!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollrud
My husband and I just returned from a Western carribean cruise with Freedom of the Sea's. It was a big BORING floating hotel. The service was deplorable!!!! The carpets did smell. We also had 90 girls that were from Panama who were fifteen years old with two chaperones. The security was non-exsistent because these rude girls ran the hallways till all hours of the night. There were many of us who complained but nothing was done to curtail the noise and drinking that was done by some of them. They tied up elevators so it made it impossible to navigate the ship. The staff that cared for our stateroom we saw only once when we boarded. I will never sail on this ship again. It was a BIG disappointment. We are retired and crise often we picked the wrong ship. The rock wall and ice skating rink meant nothing to us.
RCI is not for everyone. I hope you find a line that you enjoy.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
First Mate

I'm going on FOS 3/08. Looking for positive feed back
Wonder if anyone from RCCL reads these boards, not that I would expect them to take action on every little complaint but maybe they would respond if the problems were solved. I have never had any problems on RCCL and looks to me the staff is always so busy working such long hours I doubt they read these boards.Maybe someone will bring the complaints to the right departments.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffymom
I'm going on FOS 3/08. Looking for positive feed back
Wonder if anyone from RCCL reads these boards, not that I would expect them to take action on every little complaint but maybe they would respond if the problems were solved. I have never had any problems on RCCL and looks to me the staff is always so busy working such long hours I doubt they read these boards.Maybe someone will bring the complaints to the right departments.
Jiffymom,

When it comes to stuff like this, I try to take it lightly. mainly because there are SO many good reviews about FoS that most people are having great cruises on this ship. You can't please everyone all the time and some people you can't ever please at all.

I am sure you will have an excellent time.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
First Mate

Default Freedom

I really think Freedom says it all...everyone has the right voice their
opinion satisfied or otherwise. However, I for one believe in only the positive....

Nice fish Dave.

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Old March 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
First Mate

Don't ya just love it ? I agree, Dave has a big fish
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

At least I have a something big

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
Passenger

Dave - u r 2 fun e! I am going on the Freedom next Sunday (April 1st). I will leave a review when I return. We love RCCL - my daughter is 6 & this is her 7th cruise on RCCL - u do the math - however all of our experiences have not always been terrific & like life u try 2 take the good with the not so good.
I still feel he has a right to express an opinion without being attacked - or called names. Now there are 2 people who stated similar things - is she a "buffoon" as well. And if I have a negative comment will I too be called names? Grow up people - EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion & yours is not any more valid or correct than any one elses!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Admiral

you are right EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. I've been on 12 cruises and I loved them all (mostly RCCL). But then again I'm too easy going nothing bothers me. I guess I'm not the one to be reviewing trips because I would give all my trips an A+ cruises and land packages.

We went to the dominician Republic a few years ago for 5 nites at a top rated five star all inclusive hotel we all got dirrahea the 2nd day. There were also others staying in the hotel that got dirrahea also. We were stuck in the room for two days then the next two days it rained. The kids club let us have some board games so we could have something to do in the room in between bathroom visits. We never complained to anyone and still consider that vacation our nice little "BONDING" trip. We did so much talking and laughing on that trip.

8)
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Admiral

TMI Queenie!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Admiral

I can tell DTW is an easy going non complaining type of traveler!
(with a big fish)
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
First Mate

Default Just a thought

The Original Poster commented that they did talk to the Purser's Desk.

If the Purser's Desk had even left a voice message saying thank you, we are working on it. That would have probably soothed the average person.

Information, or lack thereof, one of the things we all complain about when it comes to Customer Service.

A pushy Dancer? Smack him up side the head! Problem solved!
I invite him to shove my wife on our next cruise, then the only question will be how long can he tread water?

Captain's announcements? Who cares? Most (not all) have a hard time with English anyway!
Old March 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your feedback "Freedom..." If I only heard the positive I'd hardly be getting an accurate picture. I could get that from the line's marketing dept/web site. I'm sorry your trip was marred, and hope the next one is much better!
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM
First Mate

Well, I mid 10th deck, so I hope thats good
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...that is what this site is all about. On any given cruise two people could have two totally oposite expiences/opinions on the cruise. We all should remember to take all opinions with a grain of salt. I always say that a cruise is what you make of it. Not everyone will have a totally positive experience. Please do not attack a poster for their opinions.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Default Adenture of the seas was the same

I cruise all the time and I recently went of a 7 day cruise of the southern caribean on adventure of the seas out of San juan Puerto Rico. I get to my cabin and there is pee in my toliet and it won't flush. Wow I know my cabin has been cleaned. Then the food was consistently bad in the dinning room night after night not one meal that I could say was great? I think The quality end is slipping as RCI tries to be the biggest and I think that is a big mistake.
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Passenger

I could not have said it better. The food stunk in the dining room though Portofinos is a great value & excellent food & service! They are getting too big for their britches!
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went on the AOS in October 2006, and the room was nicely cleaned on a daily basis. The quality of the food and staff in the dining room was excellent, we had an excellent time on the AOS, and would love to sail on it again in the near future. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience on the AOS.