Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Would you trust DTW with your daughter?
yes 36 59.02%
no 25 40.98%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Passenger

i think you will be ok carona girl. i wouldn't trust him with my son though

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Well coming from Riptide that says alot. Who likes to doctor my pictures. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Are you still on this cruise, Riptide?

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Admiral

wow riptide placed his tire cover on your van; is that his alma mater or something.....
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am not sure where he is coming from. He says some off the wall things...

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I am not sure where he is coming from. He says some off the wall things...
haha true
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
StephenAGoreJr

Corona Girl. What kind of post is this? Please tell me it is a joke. If I had the money I would book and share a room with you dave. Heck how many days until your cruise leaves? I will go if yall have room. This is no joke....
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

I would trust Dave the Wave, he would be fun to hang out with. Corona Girl always trust your own judgement what is your impression? Because instinct is usually right. My impression of Dave the Wave is that he knows how to have fun, but he would also be a great host.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Dave, keeping it short, you have my vote!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Admiral

It is usually the quiet shy type that you have to worry about and can't trust.

DTW seems to be a fun and outgoing person who likes to enjoy his vacation. Nothing wrong with that.

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Admiral

i think her parents should be more worried about alcohol poisioning then dtw morales. although cg could probably drink dtw under the table!!!
you have my vote dave!

Old May 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

I hope this all in fun and a practical joke.
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I never met DTW, but I've followed his postings for a long time now.

After looking at all of his pictures all I have to say is...someday I'd love to be on a cruise with you, DTW - you know how to party!!
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Thanks!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:25 PM
First Mate

If I had a daughter or even a sexy wife I would trust Dave to do whatever he wanted with them.

No seriously, Dave is a nice and honest guy.
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Would you trust DTW with your daughter?

Dave looks just like Dennis, a fellow divemaster who has a sister who owns a dive shop up north. Ol' Dennis cuts two holes in the lake ice, swims a line between them, then gets on his gear, turns upside down and ice skates underwater. He's also talking of paradiving where you parachute with full dive gear over the lake. Certified? Yes. Certifiable. That, too. But then so are our local cave divers, wreck divers, tech divers and military divers.

That said, I know Dennis personally and he is a member of our dive club. I trust him enough for kiddo to dive with him. He has the right stuff.

CG and Amy - I would advise you to verify Dave's identity and talk to those who know him. Some are on this board - just PM them.

Dave
San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carona Girl
As many of you know my friend Amy & I will be cruising on the same ship as Dave The Wave.

Dave has offered to buy us drinks, be our tour guide for the islands & have us over to his cabin for late night balcony parties.

My mother has been reading these boards lately & thinks this man is not to be trusted. She feels he is taking too much interest in women half his age & is in a mid-life crisis. Amy agrees.

So my question is:
Would you trust this man

around your daughter?
And please give the reason for your vote.
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Yes, I would trust DTW! DTW likes to party, but that can be true for lots of us. I have never met him in person, but he comes across as just an average person. I think he would fun and never inappropriate.

That being said, CG, you and Amy need to always use common sense and look out for each other!

Can I come along, too? If I couldn't be part of the solution, I can be part of the problem!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM
StephenAGoreJr

Dave the wave hasn't answered my question...he must be scared I will take CG from him. HAHAHAHA but just so you know I think he will be okay. Well talk to yall soon oh and all these pics yall are posting of each other...what have yall been emailing each other them or something???? naughty naughty.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Mr Gore, I was looking last night and this ship is sold out. Maybe next time....

Navigator of the Seas Decmeber 13th for 4 nights!!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Carona Girl......I'll be on the Conquest at the same time. DTW (and possibly you and your friends) will be meeting up with me and my group of 150 (or however many are available) at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel. I give you this vow.....if DTW does anything that doesn't please you I'll have my DH (4th degree black belt) persuade him to do otherwise!

Melody
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

I haven't met Dave, but I think he's trustworthy. He's well known here on the boards, people have met him in person and he's always helpful when someone has a question.

That being said, would you prefer your child to be with a total stranger on the ship that none of us know?

In case you forgot - Dave has kids too ya know!

Irish - to pick up a statement from you about talking to people on the net. I'm on AOL. Back in the early 90's there was a board called the CT room. All of us would go & chat there. There's this bar in a nearby town called Corner Pocket. We'd go there every Wednesday & this is how you would meet your "roomies" as we called each other. We did Christmas parties, New Year's parties, picnics & football games. We were a tight knit group - just like everyone here.

So even though you haven't met anyone here, don't assume the worst about people. Don't give the true predators on the net the credit.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Admiral

All y'all Louisiana auditors are kinda mean! My Texian kiddo's a belt holder, but I would never think to bring him to twist an auditee's arm. Auditing is all about subtle persuasion - over here I just show folks that big ol' spear gun...

Have fun up at CnC's in Cozumel, but not as much fun as the folks drifting the reef. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
Carona Girl......I'll be on the Conquest at the same time. DTW (and possibly you and your friends) will be meeting up with me and my group of 150 (or however many are available) at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel. I give you this vow.....if DTW does anything that doesn't please you I'll have my DH (4th degree black belt) persuade him to do otherwise!

Melody
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Admiral

We are snorkeling the reef on a catamaran before CnC's. 3 stops and then beer and margaritas!! Supposed to be a 200 ft ship they sunk out there we are going to see to.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Pretty good vis or pretty good beer if you can see a ship 200 feet down snorkling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
We are snorkeling the reef on a catamaran before CnC's. 3 stops and then beer and margaritas!! Supposed to be a 200 ft ship they sunk out there we are going to see to.
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Divemaster, I didn't mean it is 200 ft deep, the Navy vessel is 200 ft long.

Here:

Cozumel Reef Snorkeling and Sailing Adventure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set sail for adventure on our Cozumel Catamaran snorkeling excursion. Join our professional guides as they introduce you to a wonderful sailing and snorkeling adventure that you will never forget!

Our luxurious 54' Catamaran if fully equipped for your comfort. We have a shaded area for passengers who prefer to stay out of the sun and a spacious area for passengers that wish to soak up sunshine. Restrooms available too!

This 3.5 hr snorkeling and sailing adventure will take you to the world famous reef's of Cozumel where your guide will give you full snorkeling instructions as well as marine protection information before you enter Cozumel's National Marine Park.

Our catamaran is equipped with stairs that offer the easiest entrance into the water for passengers of all ages. If you need any assistance do not hesitate to ask, our crew is always nearby to lend a hand.

Our professional guides will lead you into the crystal clear Caribbean waters and over the breathtaking coral formations, stopping to point out some friendly creatures along the way. The currents between the mainland and Cozumel enable you to gently drift over the reefs with ease.

Tropical fish are abundant at both of these spectacular snorkeling sites. Turtles, Spotted Eagle Rays, Stingrays and even dolphins are often a part of our daily excursions. You never know what you'll see!

This trips departure is conveniently located in downtown San Miguel within close proximity to your cruise ship port. A Third 10 minute stop allows you to view the wreck of the C53 Pelip Xicontencatl (200ft Navy Vessel) that was donated to the National Park for diving purposes.
Following your incredible snorkeling our crew will offer free beer, margaritas, soft drinks and bottled water for your enjoyment on the relaxing sail back to the dock.

I am not the Divemaster but have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and this looks like a fun trip with kids and cold beers for the ride back.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Dave is going to be on his best behavior. Remember, his 2 sons will be cruising with him. I can't wait to get together with him in the future to plan a cruise. Remember to take a pic of you and Carona girl doing a beer bong. Bob
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Hey Bob,

The first pic will be with a bucket of Coronas at the pool bar. 8)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM
StephenAGoreJr

Dave the Wave....the one on the 13th might be a good deal. HOWEVER you need to check into the Carnival Valor on March 2nd, 2008. I know you love Royal like I do but it will be a great time. When I go to Cozumel I am at Carlos N Charlies and Senor Frogs the WHOLE TIME. I know its beautiful and all but I cannot resit the fun. haha. Next time I will try something before I go there.
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Not really a Carnival fan. I prefer more an upscale country club atmosphere. I like to party but responsibly and with some class. I don't think I can hang with you and drink tequila all day.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Passenger

i would trust dave the wave with my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok maybe not my wife but i do honestly believe dave the WAVE has all good intentions of having a good time so let him show you what partyin on a cruise ship is all about