Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Default Majesty of the Seas question

My wife and I will be sailing on the 3-night Majesty cruise in September (a quick anniversary trip away from the kids!). I booked stateroom 8508 and while I could spend the extra $20 and move down to deck 2 I am thinking that deck 8 is a little more centrally located. Plus I also read that on Monarch room 8508 wasn’t that “obscured?. They are sister ships and should be the same, correct?

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with or an opinion on this room and deck 8.
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Passenger

I am also wondering the same thing....we're looking at the Sept 28th cruise. I'm trying to find out just how obstructed the view is???????
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Majesty of the Seas question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb009
My wife and I will be sailing on the 3-night Majesty cruise in September (a quick anniversary trip away from the kids!). I booked stateroom 8508 and while I could spend the extra $20 and move down to deck 2 I am thinking that deck 8 is a little more centrally located. Plus I also read that on Monarch room 8508 wasn’t that “obscured?. They are sister ships and should be the same, correct?

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with or an opinion on this room and deck 8.
Decks 8 and 9 are obstructed views by the life boats. Not a total obstruction, deck 8 has oceanview below the life boats depending on where the selected cabin is, and deck 9 has oceanview over the top of the life boats. You still get pretty good oceanviews, but you may have to look under the life boat to see it.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info.........looks like we will go with the deck 8 cabin......it's also the cheapest.
Old July 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Just an FYI ... the August issue of Cruise Travel has an artical on Majesty's $39MM makeover and includes a few pics of some of the refurbished areas. She's a beauty.

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Default Deck 9 not a problem

We were just on Majesty for Christmas and were on deck 9; room 9506 and had NO PROBLEM with the life boats obstructing our view. Matter of fact i'd highly recommend this deck as it was very centrally located to everything.

HAPPY SAILING ON THE LOVELY MAJESTY!!!
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Passenger

This was the first time I got an inside state room (6589) and I like it better. Nothing like waking up and it beling pitch black. I get better sleep that way.
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171

Deck 8 is going to be fine, we were just on deck 8 and even with the life boats you have a great view.

Here are my posted picks I have a couple shots out of our window to give you an idea of what to expect.

http://cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3494

Rob