Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Back from the Sovereign

We had last sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas in August 2005 and weren't real impressed with the service but were willing to give it another chance since this was a good time for my brother in law and his wife to visit and sail with us.
I finally remembered to pack my bathing suit in my carry on so of course we had monsoon rains right after we got onboard. It was sort of a rainy gray sail away but who cares? It still beat being on shore!
We were pleasantly surprised by the very attentive service in the dining room (that was our biggest gripe last time on SOS....very slow service, wait staff too small) and the bar service in the dining room was also very good. We had late seating and always enjoy this as it's nice to have a longer afternoon.
We were on the 4th deck which is the one where lots of reviews note a sewage odor and sad to say this was evident by Saturday morning. It wasn't in our cabin though. Our A/C seemed warm on Friday when we checked in so we reported it and the room was finally cooler after dinner. Guest services did a follow up phone call on Saturday afternoon to make sure we were still happy with the A/C.
I liked the location of the cabin though as it was very convenient to our dining room and the shops and theatre.
The entertainment each evening was different comedians....all pretty funny and enjoyable.
As geeky as it sounds we always play bingo when we travel with my brother in law....we know all the hokey jokes and have done it on every cruise. Nobody won this time though.
We didn't get around to any of the trivia or name that tune...3 days is just too short!
Having been to Nassau several times we didn't really do anything there...just took a quick walk through the crafts at the pier.
Sunday in CocoCay was an absolutely gorgeous day with sunny skies and a lovely spot for me in a lounger under a palm tree. Dave and his brother snorkeled for awhile and his brother and his wife did the inflatable water slide and had lots of laughs. We skipped the lunch on the island and headed back to the ship before the crowds got back.
We're platinum crown and anchor members so had priority leaving the ship so we were out by 7:30 or so. On the way out we saw a very unhappy guest who was "going off" on one of the officers about never having been treated this way before...my sister in law said she heard an RCCL employee had called the guy an @$$hole! Oh my.....on that note we were off the ship and on our way home.
Again 3 days was too quick but better than nothing.
Angela Z.
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome back....

Yea, those short cruises are nice, but just when you get settled in, its time to pack up and go home.

Message Boards Moderator