Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Beginner

Default First time Cruise

Hello everyone. I am new here. My husband and I are fixing to book our first time cruise for April 2008 on the Voyager of the seas. Has anyone else ever been on this ship? I am not sure what to expect. We will be going with another couple and I am very excited. We have 3 small boys and I am very nervous about leaving them for a week but this is the first time we have ever even thought about doing something like this for ourselves. After 12 years I think we deserve it though! Anyway, anything you can offer I would appreciate. We haven't booked our cabins yet, we will be doing that this week. Thanks in advance!

Nicki
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Congratulations on your first cruise! I'm booked on the Voyager of the Seas in January, so I can't give you much information on the ship.

Have fun planning, and be sure to come to us with your questions. You will find losts of answers!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Nicki,
You will love Voyager of the Seas, been on both Voyager and Explorer, great cruising expierence. What islands are you seeing?

If you like lots to do onboard, you picked the right ship, great shows including an ice skating show that's not to be missed.

If you have any specific questions, please ask them here, there will be plenty of posters that can help you.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Captain

wow Im so excited for you. I couldnt decide between the Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston or Disney Magic. The Magic was cheaper, but I live in Texas so the Voyager would be more convenient. I want to do them all.

Ill bet you are excited? What kind of cabins are you going to book? Iv heard those PR/Promenade cabins are fun for the kids, seeing down into the middle of the ship. Dont forget to get your tickets early for the ice skating shows. Iv heard they go quick and not enough seating even with 3 shows.

congrats!!
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Just remember on the Promenade cabins-people will have the opportunity to be looking in your window, so beware !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Beginner

We are leaving out of Galveston and we are going to Montego Bay, George Town and Cozumel. I am very excited. We are going to the TA tomorrow to get everything booked. How long will it take us to get our passports? We are going to get that started next week. I have heard it can take a mimimum of 10 weeks? I have so many questions. I think I am going to drive myself crazy over the next 9 months..lol! I am so glad I found ya'll. I have had lots of questions answered just reading everyone's posts. Thanks so much!
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to wraithe Send a message via Yahoo to wraithe

If I may make a suggestion, take the time to take some dance lessons. My wife and I started ballroom dance lessons after our first cruise, and knowing how to dance to most any kind of music has enhanced our cruise experience so much. Just a thought, and when you get back stop in to tell us just how hooked you are on cruising.

Past Cruises:
USS Henry L. Stimson-SSBN 655 Gold (4 Patrols 1988-1991)
USS Daniel Webster-SSBN 626 Blue (Conversion Crew)
USS Nebraska-SSBN-739 Blue (5 Patrols 1995-1998)
USS Wyoming-SSBN 742 Blue (3 Patrols 2002-2004)

Grandeur of the Seas-10/28/2005 - 10/13/2006 - 10/05/2007
Mariner of the Seas-4/2/2006
Radiance of the Seas-3/17/2007

Upcoming Cruises
Grandeur of the Seas-4/12/2008 - 4/19/2008- 10/30/2008
Celebrity Century-2/9/2009
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admiral

you have picked a great ship and a great itineary. We love the western route. If its in the budget really consider a balcony stateroom.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Beginner

Go ahead and explore the options for shore excursions. Lots of great posts here about which ones are not-to-be-missed. You'll want to budget for them and to book them asap so you can have your top choice. Yes, balconies are super if you can swing the cost. Happy forum reading!
On Cozumel, we loved the snorkle/jeep/beach-cookout tour.