Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Default Issues

Has anyone had issues/problems while being on board? And if so what was the out come when it came to dealing with customer relations? I had a few problems while on board. The end result was a future credit with customer service, for a future cruise to be taken with in one year. I hardly think that that is some sort of compensation. Not everyone can take a vacation within a year. This was a once in a life time vacation, and they can't even extend this credit for more then 1 year. Money wise, it does not compare to what I paid for my state room. Very disappointed in RCC.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hard to tell...

It is hard to tell what has happened. What ship? When did you cruise?
What was the scenario?

Thanks
Diane

Disney 2006
SOS 2006
Mariner 2007
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Default Issues

A few years ago American Airlines lost all of my wifes luggage. None of mine or the kids, just hers. We booked the flight on our own and not thru RCI.

However, the RCI folks were outstanding! They were more than generous offering my wife outfits, dry cleaning services free of charge, plus a few other minor things. We had zero cooperation from the airline, they clearly gave a rats-a--. In short, for us anyway RCI's customer service was superb & is always a primary consideration when we book a cruise. As you said, they aren't cheap & you have high expectations.
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Captain

IMHO customer service is NOT their strong suit. I hit some bumps along the way and even mailed back my C&A card when they failed to remedy an overcharge. Then they took me seriously and were overly gracious. So now I am Diamond + and have even started selling cruises. It only takes a trip to any of the complaint boards to realize that all of the "contempory/mass market" cruise lines are going to drop the ball. It's what they do with it after that that sticks in our minds. Fortunately, I can compare a multitude of cruises with "RCI" and am quite happy with the value for my dollar.

Another problem is the chronic or unreasonable complainer. Any cruise line has to quickly assess if and how you were damaged and compensate you based on that assessment. I met an "RCI" cruiser a couple of years ago who boldly admitted that his wife was down at "Guest Relations" complaining about anything and everything to try and get them upgraded. He said it works quite often and I didn't show my disgust but obviously "they" detract from legitimate complaints. Hope I don't sound too much like a defender, just my perspective, Robbie
Old September 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Yeoman

We can't tell you if the compensation is good enough unless you let us know what the problems were.
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
We can't tell you if the compensation is good enough unless you let us know what the problems were.
Right again, fitzla
Old September 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
Right again, fitzla
Hi Roland!
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Are you expecting a free cruise or all your $$$ back? Nearly everything is only 1 year. That's a long time.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07