Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Beginner

Default Flights in and out for a 3 Day Bahamas Cruise..what's late?

Hello,

I am scheduled to depart 1/11/08 for the Bahamas out of Miami and return 7am Monday on Majesty of the Seas.

Unfortunately the best prices for flights are 1055am, etc. Is that way too early? How long is disembarking, and is there a way to speed up the process?

How far is Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Passenger

in a perfect world...you might make it, but it would make me very nervous...you get color coded tags for debarkation that are supposed to let earliest flights off first. This is a theory that doesn't always work...sometimes it's smooth as silk and sometimes it's chaos. Ft. Lauderdale, if I'm not mistaken is at least 45 minutes away...between that and needing time to check in...I'd go for something later...IMHO.
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yea, I agree, thats cutting it awful close. Its possible that you can make that one, if you let the cruiseline know of your early flight, you can be one of the first colors called to get off the ship. A lot also depends on how quickly they get the previous passengers off. If possible, find a flight around noon or a little after.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel
Default Don't chance it!

This would make me VERY stressed out. I would not take the chance.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Passenger

NJT- We did the 10:55 flight in Miami after our Majesty cruise. We made it, but I was nervous. If it is the American flight, they have a baggage delivery service at the port, you just pay them 5bucks (I think) to forward your bags on to the airport saving you a little time.
Good luck and say hello to the Majesty for me!