Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
First Mate

Default Orlando (MCO) Airport to Port Canaveral (and back)-HELP

Booked my airfare last week for my Mariner of the Seas cruise and I have lots of questions.

1- Just 2 of us flying in to MCO the day before. Whats the cheapest way to get to Port Canaveral where we are staying for the night? Please dont say to rent a car because it makes me nervous driving the airport in my own hometown and I cant see me doing it in a strange town.

2 - Our flight home afterward is at 1:45. I gather it is about an hour from the port back to the airport. Will I have trouble making this flight? Any suggestions for ensuring I get to the airport in time?

3 - Is it out of the question to even consider buying the RCI transfer to the Orlando Airport after the cruise since I read somewhere that you can wait up to 2 hours before they depart because they wait till the bus is completely full.
This goes back to my 1:45 flight time and I dont want to risk missing it.

Any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!
Can't Wait Till Mariner of the Seas 6/08
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'd suggest some kind of shuttle service for getting to the pier before the cruise, you can check into Super Shuttle. As for the return trip, the bus's actually fill up quickly and I've made it back to the airport before 10, so with your 1:45 flight, you may want to just book the transfers or go again with a shuttle of some kind.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Passenger

We just returned from our cruise yesterday. We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to take us from the ship to Orlando Airport and they were wonderful. We had a 1:30 flight and arrived at the airport before 10:30. I plan to use them again. The cost was $75 for four people one way, plus tips. On our way in, we rented a car and drove to Port Canaveral from the airport. It might have been slightly cheaper, but it took us two hours to return that car to Avis so I did not want to have to worry about rental car lines on our return. Reserve Cocoa Beach Shuttle before you leave on your cruise if you want to use them.