Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SherryBabie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeygolfer
There is no comparison between Royal Carribean and Carnival. My husband and I just sailed on the Mariner. We have sailed a lot and our favorite line has always been Holland America, but the Mariner is just as wonderful has Holland America. The food was outstanding, the ship is beautiful, and the service is awesome. We have been on Carnival 3 times and will not go on them again. Don't miss the Ice Show on the Mariner...it is spectacular. And of course the perfect spot for afternoon coffee and a quick sandwich or a dessert is the Cafe Promenade. Enjoy your Cruise!!
Thank you, we JUST got off the ship today. We are stranded in Orlando due to Houston being closed. Because of our inconvenience, they are upgrading us to first class tomorrow :-) We LOVED this ship and the cruise, it was spectacular! We had a grand suite (1574) and loved the surprises we got on a daily basis.

BTW I was team captain on the quest and WE WON!!!!!!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Beginner

hello gang I heard from everyone that the mariner is a great ship. The freedom of the seas will replace the mariner they are already selling sail dates for spring of 2009
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryBabie
Quote:
There is no comparison between Royal Carribean and Carnival. My husband and I just sailed on the Mariner. We have sailed a lot and our favorite line has always been Holland America, but the Mariner is just as wonderful has Holland America. The food was outstanding, the ship is beautiful, and the service is awesome. We have been on Carnival 3 times and will not go on them again. Don't miss the Ice Show on the Mariner...it is spectacular. And of course the perfect spot for afternoon coffee and a quick sandwich or a dessert is the Cafe Promenade. Enjoy your Cruise!!
Thank you, we JUST got off the ship today. We are stranded in Orlando due to Houston being closed. Because of our inconvenience, they are upgrading us to first class tomorrow :-) We LOVED this ship and the cruise, it was spectacular! We had a grand suite (1574) and loved the surprises we got on a daily basis.

BTW I was team captain on the quest and WE WON!!!!!!!!!
Hey Sherry! Our Quest team came in SECOND!! Hey - did you see me as one of the "Mr. Sexy Leg's" contest judges?! I was in the middle, pink halter style bathing suit!! What the heck happened to the great pub entertanment?? I hate say it, but I along with 60 or so travelling companions were SO disappointed!! Mark B. who entertained there last year was incredible! This guy they have now is just a karaoke singer. Too bad..but everything else was AWESOME as usual! Had a BLAST!
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Beginner

Glad you had a good time!! We can hardly wait to go back on Royal Carribean. We would love to try the Freedom or the Oasis. Hope you get home to Houston safely.
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

They announced Freedom was moving to Port Canaveral in early spring. We have been selling it since at least April of 2008. It was never a rumor. They have been planning to put it here for about 2 years. They just were not sure of the date. They would never have made the decision to remove Mariner without a bigger replacement. Mariner sails at 95% capacity. You don't move it to a market ( LA ) with a weaker capacity rate and not replace it.
PC will have to make some adjustments. This is why there will be no 7 day RCI ship for 4 months while the modifications are being done. Freedom sails from PC May 4 2009.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SherryBabie

[quote="tmn9761"][quote="SherryBabie"]
Quote:
That is too funny! I was watching the sexy leg's contest, I was standing where all the guys lined up and giving them advice. I was the one that suggested they ROLL up their shorts! I remember you! At the quest we were team 11, we had the biggest bra. My girlfriend was the one that supplied the bra. Her husband was the one that supplied the false teeth and my husband took his pants off for the cause. We had a blast, but now I'm stuck at the Houston airport. The agent messed up giving us a 7 hour layover. We were bumped up to first class, and told we would have access to the President's Club because we were going to get a refund. They lied to us, we are setting at gate E11 bored out of our minds! Just 4 more hours to go

I went to the conference room on deck 2, but I couldn't find you. Funny we must of seen each other several times.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Sounds like you guys had a great cruise on the Mariner.

Congrats Sherry on your team winning quest.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Passenger

[quote="SherryBabie"][quote="tmn9761"]
Quote:
Quote:
That is too funny! I was watching the sexy leg's contest, I was standing where all the guys lined up and giving them advice. I was the one that suggested they ROLL up their shorts! I remember you! At the quest we were team 11, we had the biggest bra. My girlfriend was the one that supplied the bra. Her husband was the one that supplied the false teeth and my husband took his pants off for the cause. We had a blast, but now I'm stuck at the Houston airport. The agent messed up giving us a 7 hour layover. We were bumped up to first class, and told we would have access to the President's Club because we were going to get a refund. They lied to us, we are setting at gate E11 bored out of our minds! Just 4 more hours to go

I went to the conference room on deck 2, but I couldn't find you. Funny we must of seen each other several times.
Yes, we must have smiled and said "hello" at least a few times! So YOU were the one who got the guys to roll their shorts, huh?! Did you also tell the two to don the bikini tops? I tried to undo the tie on one of them, but only managed to loosen it. The girl next to me finished the job! TOO funny and LOADS of fun! Oh the Quest was absolutely HILARIOUS too! So it was your friend's false teeth that garnered the key chain, huh?! I laughed SO hard it hurt!

Long, dragged out layovers are the pits, ESPECIALLY after a cruise like ours! Hope the time passes quickly for you.

I'm counting the months til our next venture in November, 2009 on Liberty of the Seas! Who knows....maybe we'll share a week at sea again! Glad you had as great a time as I did!
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Beginner

Default sorry

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker
I used to cruise with Carnival in the 90's (when I was young and broke). I think I used to go on the older boats (the cheapest cruises) and they were horrible. I didn't know any better at the time. The first time I went on RC, it was like night and day. RC is much much better in my experience. I will never go on a carnival cruise again. The newer boats may be nice on carnival but I don't want to chance it.
I hear ya! We took Carnival last year and it just sucks compared to RC. I will never go to another cruise line. We also took Norweigian 2 or 3 years ago to the Hawiian Islands. I couldn't wait to get off that cruise ship. Isn't that sad?
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Admiral

NCL has some serious issues with staffing on its Hawaii cruises. Very poor customer service and I experienced it first hand. Bob