Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Default San Juan Returning Flight

Hi,
I am returning on November 9th from my cruise, we are arriving into port at 7 am according to the cruise booklet and the latest flight that day leaving is at 9:30 am from San Juan, will I have enough time to make it to my flight??? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
First Mate

The LATEST flight is 9:30? I HIGHLY doubt you could make a 9:30 flight.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Nope, no way you can make that early of a flight. I've noticed, most flights leave in the afternoon from SJU, I'd re-check for more flights and find one for at least noon.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Passenger

Thanks guys, I did find some later flights, just having some difficult finding one with the right time frames and no 6 hour layovers...i'm sure something will turn up, thanks for the advice!!!

Old March 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Passenger

I have made it on the 9:30 flight - but its touch and go. If there are any delays at all in disembarking, you are in trouble. And, we also kept our luggage and did the "walk off", straight to a cab and were at the airport by 7:30. Next flight was 6:00 p.m. so I would rather chance the 9:30 than wait all day in the SJU airport.
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Admiral

It's going to be close. On our last cruise DW and I had a 9:45 flight out of SJ and we barley made it. We were in group 4 and they had called all groups 1-6 and the stragglers were boarding. The ride from the ship to the airport was slow and clearing security was very slow. we barely made it. But we did make it.
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie2
I have made it on the 9:30 flight - but its touch and go. If there are any delays at all in disembarking, you are in trouble. And, we also kept our luggage and did the "walk off", straight to a cab and were at the airport by 7:30. Next flight was 6:00 p.m. so I would rather chance the 9:30 than wait all day in the SJU airport.
If that should happen to anyone, and you don't want to chance the early morning flight, please use some service, either through the ship, or at Barrachina http://www.barrachina.com/ to store your luggage, and then spend the day exploring Old San Juan and the forts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Old March 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Hey thanks for the luggage storage idea, didn't know they had such a thing and that's what we were looking for! I am thinking of taking a 6 pm flight but didn't want to sit in the airport for hours....I also thought of checking bags and such in at the airport and then going out to old san juan. Does Rccl do this baggage service?

Old March 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney1018
Hey thanks for the luggage storage idea, didn't know they had such a thing and that's what we were looking for! I am thinking of taking a 6 pm flight but didn't want to sit in the airport for hours....I also thought of checking bags and such in at the airport and then going out to old san juan. Does Rccl do this baggage service?
Yes, RCI does this for a lot of airlines. It cost us $20 per person for the service. You will see a notice in the daily paper about Tuesday or Wednesday telling about it. Go down an sign up. When we got off the ship, we got our bags, went through customs and then went to the airline's baggage check area. I cannot remember if we got our boarding passes then, or on the ship. It is a wonderful service! If you PM me, I can direct you to a web site to check if your airline is one that does this.
Mark Twain

Old March 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admiral

definately book the later flight and then book a ships post-cruise excursion, great way to kill a few hours and not have to worry about your luggage or getting to the airport