Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Familiar Face

Default Transfers from Airport to Ship and Ship to Airport

I have booked a Scandinavian Cruise for the end of August on RCL Jewel of the Seas. Air was not available for some reason so I am making my own air arrangements. Does anyone know whether RCL will sell transfers from the airport to the ship or in our case ship to airport.

I have written to them about this but their response suggests that whether they do this is secret and they can only discuss it through your travel agent. Its a generic question as I pointed out and not specific to any particular booking...anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Transfers from Airport to Ship and Ship to Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey55
I have booked a Scandinavian Cruise for the end of August on RCL Jewel of the Seas. Air was not available for some reason so I am making my own air arrangements. Does anyone know whether RCL will sell transfers from the airport to the ship or in our case ship to airport.

I have written to them about this but their response suggests that whether they do this is secret and they can only discuss it through your travel agent. Its a generic question as I pointed out and not specific to any particular booking...anyone know?
I have not known any cruise where transfers were not available. They are usually more expensive than private transportation but if the port is a long way from the airport, or in a country you are not familiar with, then they are more convenient.

If RCL won't talk to you than just call your agent and have them get the pricing and if you find it worthwhile than buy them.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Admiral

Hi Mikey55,
Sounds like we are on the same cruise. Our dates are 8/27-9/7. We did our own air to Heathrow on British Air for $1970 for 2. Some say that's good and some say too much. We haven't done any transfers yet but we are stay a few days before and 1 day post so we need them from the Paddington Station. If you are on the same cruise, check out our group on Cruise Critics under the roll call area. Unfortunately we haven't found anyone here on our cruise. Be sure to sign up for a meet and greet too. If you click on my name it will give you my email access if you want more info.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would think the travel agent would not the availability and cost of the transfers??

Message Boards Moderator