CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Where are the LOYAL ROYALS?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/355122-where-loyal-royals.html)

thecruisequeen August 21st, 2008 08:17 AM

Where are the LOYAL ROYALS??

Do you have a couple dozen RCCL cruises in?

Do you have a few RCCL cruises in but plan on taking many more RCCL cruises in the future?

Have you sailed with a few lines but find RCCL to be the best?

Are you Platinum/Diamond/Diamond Plus??

What makes you keep cruising with RCCL?

http://www.resorthoppers.com/rccl_logo_get.gif

Hi Fellow Cruisemates,

CQ here and proud to say I'm a Loyal Royal. :D
Royal was my first cruise experience and I was hooked.

In a couple of weeks will be my 10th RCCL cruise which makes me a Diamond. :D

I love the beautiful big ships and tons of activities and dancing only found on a RCCL ship. The crew is wonderful and I consider them all my extended family. :D

Next Loyal Royal.....

cruisequeen August 21st, 2008 08:38 AM

I'm a Royal Loyal! We will be taking our 6th RCL cruise in Oct. We have also sailed 2 Celebrity cruises. This will be our first Platinum cruise. We have sailed several other lines but really like RCL. They have great past guest perks and that keeps us booking them.

sharon_psu August 21st, 2008 08:53 AM

Hi CQ -

My first cruise was a 4-night Bahamas cruise on Carnival. Royal Caribbean was my second ~ I'll be taking my 9th RC cruise in May (12th overall). My wish list of future RC cruises includes Alaska, Hawaii, and Europe.

I've also sailed on Celebrity and NCL, but I can honestly say that I never received the kind of service on those ships that I have on RC.

I'm a Diamond member working my way up to the Diamond Plus category.

Why do I keep sailing on RC? Because when I step on a Royal Caribbean ship I feel like I'm at home! Friendly faces and familiar places ~ Boleros, Royal Promenade, Portofino's...etc. I may go on another cruise line, but I always end up coming back to Royal Caribbean!

See you onboard!
Sharon

MTL August 21st, 2008 10:31 AM

Hi CQ,
I will take my 20th cruise with RCI next November,am I loyal enough?
I took 9 other cruise company:Celebrity,Crystal,Carnival,Costa,NCL,Black Sea Shipping,Royal
Cruise Line,Holland America (3),Princess (4).
Here is my résumé of all my cruises.Have a nice day CQ.

MTL

vetteman04 August 21st, 2008 07:54 PM

This September will be our 29th cruise and 13 are with Royal. We really like the larger ships. There are so many activities aboard. We love to go to the buffets and watch the first time cruisers see how much food they can pile on their plate. Some act like they haven't eaten in days. Royal just seems to offer us the most options for the money. Being a Diamond member doesn't hurt either. Cruising just seems like the best vacation for the money. Our last 7 cruises have been with Royal so I guess we are a Royal Loyal.

seadog2 August 21st, 2008 08:06 PM

17 Cruises with RCI.

I have sailed with other cruise lines and I find Royal Caribbean to be the best.

I am a Diamond Member.

The ships, the service, the food, the atmosphere. All things Royal Caribbean. The treatment we receive is just better. Loyal Royal here.

ragtiki2005 August 21st, 2008 08:12 PM

What is there not to like about Royal? I love how they pamper you. Always had good service. Carnival was good and the staff was very nice but Royal is hands down my favorite! Also love that Diamond status. Bob

Manuel August 21st, 2008 08:38 PM

I cruised Royal once (Liberty OTS). Now I have booked the Liberty again and today I booked the Oasis. It's going to be a while because I will be on the Celebrity Solstice this coming april. I love to have some cruises to look forward to.

TM

Sulross August 21st, 2008 10:31 PM

Have 18 RCCL. One coming in November, one more in January and today booked the inaugual cruise with Oasis next Dec. Only 3 more for Diamond +

blueliner August 21st, 2008 10:48 PM

I am platinum level with 6 RCI cruises and 7 credits. I have one RCI cruise coming up in September on the Adventure OTS and I hope to be booking 2 more for next year.

DiamondMember August 22nd, 2008 10:32 AM

I'm loyal to royal. 26 cruises with Royal and headed on 27 next week; plus I'm only 29 years old --- at this rate I'll be on a 1000 by the time I'm retired!

Hobiecat01 August 22nd, 2008 11:21 AM

We just reached Platinum! We have sailed on Carnival and Princess and then tried RCCL. That changed it all. We love the ships and the personnel. We've sailed the Navigator, Mariner, Freedom and the Liberty. We are booking on the Oasis today (yes, today with the Diamond folks... got an invite from RCCL because we sailed the Liberty in a JS - isn't that cool????).

We would not sail any other line and would not steer friends anywhere but RCCL.

thecruisequeen August 22nd, 2008 02:20 PM

Wow Diamondmember so far you are the winner with 26 Royal cruises! :D :D Let's see if another Loyal Royal can knock you out of the top spot. :D

I see most of us also have sailed other lines which is a good thing because we learn that we can have a good cruise on another line however an excellent cruise is only on Royal. 8)

And some of CM Loyal Royals already booked the Oasis! 8)

Robbie H August 22nd, 2008 06:16 PM

Definite "Loyalist" here! Not only D+ but we were even invited to the "Top Cruisers" dinner on our South American Member's Cruise. I didn't even know such a thing existed (not the same as invitation to Captain's table in dining room). The Staff members were GREAT and it wasn't at all "stuffed shirt."

We fly to the U.K. in Sept to bring the "Jewel" back across the pond and I should hit forty cruise credits on that run. Woo-Hoo!!

glgolfer August 22nd, 2008 07:01 PM

First cruise on the Song of Norway in 1987. Since then 25 on RCI on 15 different ships with 196 days at sea. 65 days with other lines for a total of 261 days. Diamond Plus with 32 credits.

Upcoming cruises are: 3 nights on the Soversign for a Floridian get together - 12 Sept 2008

Mariner of the Seas 46 day repositioning cruise from Port Canaveral to Los Angeles around the horn of South America.
4 January to 19 February, 2009.

Jewel of the Seas transatlantic from Harwich, England to Boston.
2 September 2009, 12 nights.

Oasis of the Seas inaugural 12 December 2009, 7 nights.

Lou August 22nd, 2008 07:06 PM

wow Robbie...that's some cruise resume.

We've done 12 RCI with 13 coming up in Sept. Am trying to
decide on date for Oasis and which category. Because of
limit of promenade cabins, might be another balcony or JS, but
I LOVE the sea and wouldn't be disappointed.

BUT we also love Celebrity, tho we haven't be on one for awhile.
Solstice is very tempting.

Lou

thecruisequeen August 22nd, 2008 07:17 PM

Sorry DiamondMember but Robbie knocked you off the top spot! :D :wink:

Glgolf those are some great cruises you have to look forward to. :D

Robbie H August 22nd, 2008 08:15 PM

Thx Lou and I know what you mean about Solstice. I had the first run out for the "Equinox" booked BUT I replaced it with a member cruise next April. We finally scored cabin #1600 on the "Radiance!" I don't hold the record but have been on that ship alone over ten times ;>)

And I have said it before, everyone keep the faith about moving up the "Crown & Anchor" levels because I NEVER fathomed (pun intended) having so many cruises under my belt.

ragtiki2005 August 23rd, 2008 03:08 AM

Wow, a 46 day cruise. Wish I had the time to do that one! Bob

thecruisequeen August 23rd, 2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTL
Hi CQ,
I will take my 20th cruise with RCI next November,am I loyal enough?
I took 9 other cruise company:Celebrity,Crystal,Carnival,Costa,NCL,Black Sea Shipping,Royal
Cruise Line,Holland America (3),Princess (4).
Here is my résumé of all my cruises.Have a nice day CQ.

MTL

Hey MTL you have a mixture of cruiselines on your resume. You have sailed with the rest now you stick to the best! :D :wink: :-P

Sulross August 23rd, 2008 09:32 AM

46 Day Cruise

Where do you find the 46 day cruise. I go to RCCL to check it out and it is not listed.

glgolfer August 23rd, 2008 09:51 AM

It's 3 different cruises. 15 days Port Canaveral to Rio 4-19 January 2009;
15 days Rio to Valparaiso/Santiago 19 Jan - 3 Feb; 16 days Valparaiso/Santiago to Los Angeles 3-19 Feb.
I know of about 200 of us going for sure. When I talked to Ken Rush in New York at the Oasis thing, he said he had heard 800 were doing all 46 days.

Pootersdad August 23rd, 2008 01:28 PM

Royal Loyalist

We have 27 cruises under our belt, 17 with Royal Caribbean, and have four more booked. After our Jewel repo in October, we will be Diamond Plus.

We've also sailed on Celebrity, NCL, Princess, Regal, and Costa :cry: . We like everything about Royal Caribbean, especially the C&A program and its perks. Also like the shipboard credits for being a shareholder, and the NextCruise booking credits. In fact, when you add in the shipboard credits our TA is giving us on our February cruise on Explorer, we will get a total of $525 in credits. LOL

Norm

Andrio August 25th, 2008 07:28 AM

Wow! We've got quite a way to go before we can match some of you Loyal Royals! Cruise no. 4 with Royal is coming up in less than 3 weeks and no. 5 is booked. We've never cruised with any other company - it would take a lot to beat Royal Caribbean in our opinion.

Pootersdad August 25th, 2008 04:12 PM

Royal Loyalist

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrio
Wow! We've got quite a way to go before we can match some of you Loyal Royals! Cruise no. 4 with Royal is coming up in less than 3 weeks and no. 5 is booked. We've never cruised with any other company - it would take a lot to beat Royal Caribbean in our opinion.

Andrio:

You will love the Serenade and Brilliance. They, and their sisters, Jewel and Radiance, are our favorite class of RCI ship. Not too big, not too small, just right. LOL

longbeachlarry August 29th, 2008 05:32 PM

We've got 6 cruises all on Royal - and because we've done some Grand Suites, our next cruise will convert us from Platinum to Diamond!

gottacruz August 29th, 2008 07:59 PM

loyal royal

Yes, I'm a loyal royal cruise guest, this next cruise will be # 15 on rcl, but there are 3 other cruises on princess, 1 on ncl and on the commadore cruise line in 1982, always keep coming back to rccl, it like being home with them. As for the new ships that are out now, and the ones being built, I dont think i'll be sailing on them, way to big. Oh yes, I'm a diamond member:D

gottacruz

Pootersdad August 30th, 2008 07:14 AM

A Loyal Royal

On our Jewel repo cruise in October, 2009, we have upgraded from a cat. D1 aft cabin to a Grand Suite, #1600. This will be our first GS - can't wait! LOL

elf August 30th, 2008 09:04 AM

Hello Fellowcruisers,

Yes, I am a Royal Loyal as well.

We have only tried Carnival, but did not care for it. Switched to RCCL and we never looked back.

We are now Platinum members but after our cruise in November 2008, we be Diamond members.

Just love cruising RCCL.

elf

Big Red Boat
Carnival Valour 2004
Carnival Jubilee 2005
RCCL Empress of the Seas 2006
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2007
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2007
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 2008
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2008
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2009
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2009

Dave the Wave September 2nd, 2008 09:29 AM

14 cruises with Royal Caribbean make me Diamond Dave! 8)

Cruise on Cruise Queen :wink: