Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:58 PM
Beginner

Default Independence of the seas

We are trying to plan an incredible vacation for 2009...our 10th anniversary. What I have found is a 13 day transatlantic cruise from Southhampton, UK back to the US. So far I haven't been able to get feedback on the ship, except for what is written on the actual RCCL website. Is there anyone out there who has traveled and experienced the ship directly? I would love to get feedback on the boat.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:52 AM
Captain

We won't be on her until Dec BUT don't overlook anything written about her sisters, "Freedom and Liberty."
Old September 1st, 2008, 04:40 AM
Passenger

Hi

Just came back from 4 night trip to Ireland. Ship is fantastic to look at & facilities great. The buffet & restaurants were superb but not quite silver service in restaurant as we were getting coffeee before dessert & felt rushed, plates were frequently cleared before others has finished the course. The new system of my time dining was causing chaos & didn't work for us at all as you still had to book a time or queue for ages. The cabins were excellent really spacious & well equipped. We were a group of 6 from 15 to 89 so we had differing opinions but for us forty somethings whilst the music was the sort we enjoy we agreed that it was unncessarily loud most of the time. Forget finding a nice quiet bar. All the entertainment prevented any conversation! If you are a party animal & dont want to escape the throng other that in your cabin then it is the perfect ship. For us however although we like some nightlife it was a bit too busy & I beleive it was full. Finding tables for 6 in the buffet became a real drag after the first day. I still have not rec'd a final bill as all systems were down on the last day which seemed to happen on a few occasions as tv channel for viewing the bill in the room didn't work. I still think the cruise was great but have only travelled with Princess in the past so have nothing else to compare with & to sum up it was a bit like a vegas hotel, vast, busy & lots of queueing. The ice show was stunning & other shows of a good standard.For service I will return to Princess but wouldn't write off RCCL as a possibility it is purely personal & wouldn't want to put you off so perhaps you have some specific questions.