Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Admiral

How much is RCI's soda card. Becuase if I remember right Carnival's is $6 a day which is not that much.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

RCI's Adult Soda Package is $6.00 USD per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.
Norwegian Gem
Voyager of the Seas - X2
Empress of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Horizon
Monarch of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Carnival Fantasy
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_psu
RCI's Adult Soda Package is $6.00 USD per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.
Ok so it is the same as Carnival. Carnival's glasses are pretty large. They flit almost the whole can of soda. Also sometimes they will give you the can with the soda card.

Does RCI have a child soda card becuase I think Carnival's is $4 but I am not sure.

Past Cruises:
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

RCI's Kids Beverage Package is $4.00 per day, plus 15% gratuity - same as Carnival.

My dad drinks A LOT of diet soda, so he always purchases the beverage package, he always asks the bartender to put his soda in a very large glass.
Norwegian Gem
Voyager of the Seas - X2
Empress of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Horizon
Monarch of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Carnival Fantasy
Old November 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_psu
RCI's Kids Beverage Package is $4.00 per day, plus 15% gratuity - same as Carnival.

My dad drinks A LOT of diet soda, so he always purchases the beverage package, he always asks the bartender to put his soda in a very large glass.
The way everyone was talking it sounded like RCI's soda card was very over priced. It is not that high of a price becuase a can of soda is anywhere from $2-3.

Past Cruises:
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Familiar Face

In my opinion its stealing.
if you don't drink that much soda, then don't buy the card and buy them separately. My mom, my sister and I all had them on the last cruise and they gave us a huge glass with it to so that you could use that, and I loved it. We are all big pop drinkers so it was well worth it. I don't think you should cheat the system, eventually they will end up gettting rid of the cards because of people who do that, and I love them.

if you really can't afford a soda card, or to buy them separately, don't go on the cruise.
Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas - October/November 2009
Carnival Pride - February 2012
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i don't see it as cheating at all or wrong.

THREE of us shared a soda card in March on a Carnival ship.

and not wanting to pay for two soda cards when all you will drink is the price of one is not a reason to not go on the cruise.

as much as i love cruising, it's ridiculous what they charge for soda cans (i know what they charge in rest. but you can always have refills in those, you cannot on a ship). i have no issue or debate here.

you do what you want, but i am all for sharing if we share the price. have fun on your cruise!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Familiar Face

oK reading all of these replies....I figure on a hot day...and you enjoy Pop.... for kids... if it is 4.00 a day with unlimited amount of pop, when they want to get the pop they just go and get it and they have there souvenier cup... Bonus... Personally I Do NOT mind Spending the 4.00 a day on each of my kids get get there own pop when ever they want to.

I have read that1 pop costs what 2.00 - 3.00 a can... so I choose to purchase the card for each of them... more than likely they will have forsure at least 2 fill ups a day. At dinner time. at the pool, and at the shows... ect.

This is also teaching my girls independence, responsibility, and proper edicate, as far as I am concerned..

I am a true beleiver in Sharing, but when It comes to unlimited Pop for a price per person... it means per person. I am not going to bend the rules and be sneaky with that.. That is showing my kids inproper behalvior..

Personally all of you ppl that wish to Share your Coke Card with us, I suppose that is all your business, but I would much prefer to Sick to the Rules.....

I will not grudge my kids a $4.00 a day coke card, when we Adults are paying alot more than that to Drink in the Bar.

Just my opionion !
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Heather,like you said, everyone has an opinion.

As for this topic, its no big deal to get a refill for your hubby, or a kid, etc every once in a while. The bartenders could give a sh..! they will fill you up with no problem. Just depends on your conscience,but Royal Carribbean won't miss it and they won't go broke.

Think of the $ they make on alcohol plus the 15% service charge on each drink,bingo, overinflated excursion prices.... Throw in the fuel surcharges, etc.

Profit isn't a dirty word, but royal won't lose any $ on an occaisional fill up for someone else.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you owned a business I don't think you would feel that way.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouhy
If you owned a business I don't think you would feel that way.
If I got $4.00 for a can of beer or $8.95 for a tropical drink, I think I would let a few sodas slide. 8)
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You guys are missing the "whole picture" here. What if everyone decided to "share" their soda cards and the people that were using it correctly had to pay for those freebies down the line with higher cruise fares?? If I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation, and almost anything goes. I will pay for what I consume and feel good about not cheating anyone, but thats just me. Can you imagine if everyone or family was doing that...To me, its just wrong, if you don't feel bad about doing that, thats you, JMO..

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat
i don't see it as cheating at all or wrong.

THREE of us shared a soda card in March on a Carnival ship.

and not wanting to pay for two soda cards when all you will drink is the price of one is not a reason to not go on the cruise.

as much as i love cruising, it's ridiculous what they charge for soda cans (i know what they charge in rest. but you can always have refills in those, you cannot on a ship). i have no issue or debate here.

you do what you want, but i am all for sharing if we share the price. have fun on your cruise!

WOW, I don't get it. Wrong is wrong. That's how I was brought up.
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather22
if you don't drink that much soda, then don't buy the card and buy them separately. My mom, my sister and I all had them on the last cruise and they gave us a huge glass with it to so that you could use that, and I loved it. We are all big pop drinkers so it was well worth it. I don't think you should cheat the system, eventually they will end up gettting rid of the cards because of people who do that, and I love them.

if you really can't afford a soda card, or to buy them separately, don't go on the cruise.
If you can't afford a soda card or to buy them seperately that is no reason not to go on a cruise.

Past Cruises:
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Admiral

If a soda card is not in the budget don't share and just drink at the Windjammer.

I would think if a soda card is not in the budget a cruise vacation might not be in the budget either.

Don't share a soda card. Get your own soda card and enjoy your cruise!

Just my Opinion and how I look at it.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Soda cards on RCI are now $8 a day for adults . I think the price increase may be due, in part, to rampant sharing. I agree with CQ. I decided to forgo it this past cruise and just drank the ice tea from the Windjammer.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoop
Quote:

If you can't afford a soda card or to buy them seperately that is no reason not to go on a cruise.
if you can't spend like 40 dollars on a card can you really afford alll the cruise stuff you want? you will end up being dissappointed because you can't afford all of that stuff... I can't believe how many people try to steal like that, thanks buy the way, now the price is higher thanks to you guys
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if you can't spend like 40 dollars on a card can you really afford alll the cruise stuff you want? you will end up being dissappointed because you can't afford all of that stuff... I can't believe how many people try to steal like that, thanks buy the way, now the price is higher thanks to you guys
And it is like $60 dollars for a $7 day cruise becuase it is $8 per day plus $15 percent tip.

Maybe people used up all their money booking the cruise. Or maybe they want to use their money to do something else.

So if you can't afford a soda card that is not a reason not to go on a cruise.

Past Cruises:
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And it is like $60 dollars for a $7 day cruise becuase it is $8 per day plus $15 percent tip.

Maybe people used up all their money booking the cruise. Or maybe they want to use their money to do something else.

But that doesn't give you a reason to steal the soda.
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Admiral

Heather is absolutely correct! Bob
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But that doesn't give you a reason to steal the soda.
I didn't say that. You said before that if you can't afford a soda card don't go on a cruise. If you can't afford a soda card go on a cruise and just drink lemonade or iced tea.

Past Cruises:
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default One or two

One card or two, what do do?
One glass or two, which is true?
My turn to sip, your's is next
Quick it's the waiter, so complex
Refill it now, before he looks
I'll drink it now, behind these books
Aren't we clever, so frugal
We are cheap, blow our bugal
Saving some money, look the fool
Let's reserve those chairs by the pool!

Costa cruise in 1989
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Better yet,just bring yourself a case of coke in checked luggage. There won't be an issue with that and you paid for it.

Oh, I know....you are stealing the revenue from the ship as some would say, but bottom line is you paid for it and nobody can argue that. Don't think they have a rule against bringing bottled water or softdrinks that I'm aware of so that makes for a compromise. Plus you won't get scolded by Kuki and Donna.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Better yet,just bring yourself a case of coke in checked luggage. There won't be an issue with that and you paid for it.

Oh, I know....you are stealing the revenue from the ship as some would say, but bottom line is you paid for it and nobody can argue that. Don't think they have a rule against bringing bottled water or softdrinks that I'm aware of so that makes for a compromise. Plus you won't get scolded by Kuki and Donna.
I usually bring a case of water for a 7 day cruise and like 10 bottles of soda so it is fine. I just stick the luggage tag on the case of water and it comes to the room fine and I put the soda in my bags.

Past Cruises:
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
... a bar basically pays $.01 per each soda a fountain dispenser makes...
I think they are all using cans for soda now. At least all sailing from Galveston use cans. Has something to do with health regulations.

We usually take two 6-packs of soda on board with us. I only buy the card if flying to a port, (which is rare for me).

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old December 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
... a bar basically pays $.01 per each soda a fountain dispenser makes...
I think they are all using cans for soda now. At least all sailing from Galveston use cans. Has something to do with health regulations.

We usually take two 6-packs of soda on board with us. I only buy the card if flying to a port, (which is rare for me).
They use cans out of Miami, San Diego, and Long Beach (LA). I even bring bottles of soda even if I fly in. I just go to a grocery store, since I fly in a few days before.

Past Cruises:
Old December 6th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

all I gotta say is cruisemates morality is subjective,example remember last years poll,is it ok for two unmarried people to share a room? and now we have is it ok to share a coke card? or is it ok to wear a speedo? with a banana? all I know is obama promised change and spread the wealth and share the coke. and anyway everyone who cruises and trys to save money in one area always spends it in another: casino,cocktails,tips,excursions,etc........and as a side note if you bring bottled water on board,refill your bottles from the ships tap, its filtered water.....also you people listen to kuki...he is a nun after all.

'97 NORDIC EMPRESS
'02 GOLDEN PRINCESS
'03 VEENDAM
'03 GRAND PRINCESS
'04 ZAANDAM
'05 JEWEL OF THE SEAS
'06 CARNIVAL LIBERTY
'07 NORWEGIAN PEARL
'07 NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS
'08 NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Admiral