Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default Has anyone been on the Serenade recently?

Any comments or reviews about it? I leave March 7th.
Serenade October 2010
Freedom May 2010

Fantasy Nov. 2009
Serenade 2009
Victory March 2008
Holiday 2007
Rhapsody of the Seas 2006
Paradise 2004
Monarch of the Seas 2002
Paradise 2000
Big Red Boat 3x
NCL Sunward II
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Passenger

We are going on the Serenade on Feb 28th. I'm wondering if taking a taxi is the best way to get to the ship from the airport. Also, do you know what time a passenger must board the boat? We were hoping to take a little later flight and arrive in San Juan around 5pm.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Serenade is a Radiance Class ship. It is a fantastic ship. Very clean, well maintained, and easy to find your way around. The food is excellent and the service is excellent. All cabins are gorgeous.

You will not want to sail on another ship after this cruise experience.

Enjoy!
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Taking a taxi from the airport to the pier is the best way to go. There is a taxi stand at the airport and they keep things moving quickly and efficiently. They also have standard rates so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off.
Mariner of the seas 2008
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Beginner

My husband and I were on the 1/3/2009 sailing and had the BEST cruise ever! The ship is spotless! Food Great! Crew fantastic! No complaints at all! The ship was soldout, but never did we feel that it was crowded. I would have quessed it as 50% sold out.

Everything was perfect! We felt like royalty!
Old January 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

We were on Serenade in September to Alaska. We're used to larger ships and found that in the dining rooms the tables were very close together - fine you have nice neighbours like ours. Also for every port of call we had there was a talk from an expert beforehand. The venue for the talks filled up FAST as they're not very large so make sure you arrive well ahead of time if you're doing any activities.

Those are my only very small grumbles. The food and service were excellent entertainment was great and our stateroom spotless and well maintained

Hope you enjoy your cruise

Andrea
May 2009 - Brilliance of the Seas Egypt and Eastern Med
September 2008 - Serenade of the Seas Alaska
December 2007 - Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
June 2007 - Voyager of the Seas Mediterranean
December 2005 - Explorer of the Seas Western Caribbean
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hubby and I are booked on the Serenade on March 21!! We are soooo excited.. We are on Deck 4 Outside Cabin. It's good to hear the service and food are excellent. We are pretty low key though and don't require too much.. Just want people to do their jobs... It's our 6th cruise, 5th on RC...
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default has anybody been on the serenade lately?

Like Andrio said, the ship is wonderful and easy to get around. The food was also great. Didnt want to get off when the cruise was over.
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Beginner

My first RCL cruise was on the same class of ship - The Radiance . Since then, I've been on larger ships, smaller ships and another cruise line . I can honestly say that the Radiance class is my favorite and that's why I've picked Serenade for my next cruise. No matter where you are on the ship there's almost always a view of the ocean . There's just lots of glass/windows/portholes. I love the way they've designed the aft. There's a club back there with big window seats so you can watch the ocean slip by. Or you can enjoy a meal outside behind Windjammer. And that's not all ! Radiance class ships seem less crowded because (I've read that) there are less bodies per square foot . AND ....from the first time I saw San Juan , I KNEW I had to go back again . If it's your first time, you might want to try to visit Old San Juan before or after the cruise . It's beautiful and only a short taxi ride from the ship.
OK- Now I'm REALLY excited!
I know we'll all enjoy the Serenade !

As for the taxi question ... I think it's the best way to go from airport to dock (unless you take the RCL shuttle) . The good news is that the taxi-fare is pre-set . There's a taxi stand at the airport and when you tell them where you're going, they'll write out a form that sets the fare you'll pay (bag fee included).
When you arrive- there's no haggling or worries. Just add the tip . I think the trip was 15 minutes or so and not terribly expensive .
(All this is assuming they haven't changed their taxi policy since Dec 2007)
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM
Admiral

catty, I know I promised you a review. I apologize for not posting one. Work has had me in and out of town. It looks like folks have been giving good reviews of the Serenade. I believe you will enjoy all of the glass that makes the Serenade special.

The open feeling of the ship is what attracted me to the Radiance class. DW and I have always enjoyed the food on RCI ships but for that special touch and extra treatment try one of the speciality restaurants. Chops or Portofinos.

Try to catch some of the Production shows I think they are very good.
Something DW and I do on every cruise is we take a walk on deck at midnite or 1:00 in the morning with our favorite drink in hand and enjoy the romance of cruising. Spending time alone with that special someone is why DW and I cruise and the Serenade of the Seas is the perfect ship for it. You will love the whole ship.

Enjoy your cruise.