Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Passenger

Default What the heck.....Price went up?

Wow, I am very confused. We book the FOS for Sept 6, 2009 and we booked at $849.00 for a deluxe Balcony Room Cat E 1. I have been checking to see if there has been a price drop for the cruise each week. Today I checked and the rate went up to $1120.00. Do you think the rate will ever go down? Also, I have registered for the meet and mingle and have heard from several others who have also registered and I checked and this cruise is not even mentioned on the list for the meet and mingles. The cruise for the next two cruises on the 13th and the 20th is on the list but not the 6th. Does anyone know what that means.....
Thanks,
Debs
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM
First Mate

You never can tell how the prices will go, that is why I always tell people to book as early as possible. Adjustments are made if the price goes down but you will kick yourself if the price goes up and you missed out on a lower price. Both our Explorer cruise and Oasis prices have gone up since we first booked. Sometimes as the cruise gets closer especially after the final payment is due the prices will drop to fill up the remaining staterooms so just keep checking and wait and see if they go down.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Default What the Heck....

If the price goes down after I have made my final payment, do they then give me an OBC? Or do I just loose out?

Thanks,
Debs
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What the Heck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs123
If the price goes down after I have made my final payment, do they then give me an OBC? Or do I just loose out?

Thanks,
Debs
That just happened to me. I've paid the entire amount and then noticed yesterday that my price went down $900 for our March 21 cruise. My TA called them and supposedly RCL is going to give me credit back on my VISA. I'll let you know if I ever DO see that come back....I am a bit skeptical, but don't know that the TA would be wrong or lieing!

Costa cruise in 1989
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:43 PM
First Mate

They will credit your card, have had it happen several times. I don't think the meet and mingle date will show up on the list until there are 25 people signed up ?
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Since you booked at the lower price, you are covered, so just check every once in a while to see if it does get lowered.

As far as the get together, at this point your cruise may not have met the amount of people they need to get one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 18th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Familiar Face

RCI credited me $800 no problem, just keep checkin!
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="paul1815
That just happened to me. I've paid the entire amount and then noticed yesterday that my price went down $900 for our March 21 cruise. My TA called them and supposedly RCL is going to give me credit back on my VISA. I'll let you know if I ever DO see that come back....I am a bit skeptical, but don't know that the TA would be wrong or lieing!

[/quote]

Well....I just go $800 back on my credit card! Not quite the $900 my TA promised, but I think I will leave well enough alone. I just paid for a couple of excursions!

Costa cruise in 1989
Old July 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Passenger

[quote=paul1815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "paul1815

:-?[/quote

Well....I just go $800 back on my credit card! Not quite the $900 my TA promised, but I think I will leave well enough alone. I just paid for a couple of excursions!

I wonder why you never got a full refund 900$
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellosno
They will credit your card, have had it happen several times. I don't think the meet and mingle date will show up on the list until there are 25 people signed up ?
This is correct, it is not a qualified meet & mingle until it reaches at least 25 people. They will email you when it has reached that amount and will let you know closer to your cruise as to where and when they will hold it for you.

April 26, 2009 Mariner 7nt Mex to SF - oops!
June 1, 2008 Millennium 12nt Alaska Cruisetour
April 17, 2006 Infinity 11nt Mexico
October 28, 1978 Delian Daphne 17nt Mediterrean/Black Sea

Click on WWW below to see our pix!
Old July 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

We got back $1860 on our credit card. This was after we had paid in full. Our cruise price dropped a lot
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Familiar Face

question? have read about people getting refunds when price goes down. Is this just if you book directly or thru travel agent. Would it also happen if you are from outside the USA and haved booked thru local TA
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

good question. I don't have an answer. I booked directly with Royal Caribbean. When I looked on internet I saw price to book same room had gone down. After calling Royal Caribbean they said I would receive the difference from the price I paid and the new price. They put the refund on my credit card
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Meet and mingles can be proposed to Royal, however if the crowd doesn't meet the minimum amount of people which is 25, Royal will not list the meet or assign a room for it to take place in.

Debs check your private messages, we gave you some useful info.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Beginner

Default Re: What the heck.....Price went up?

Quote:
Wow, I am very confused. We book the FOS for Sept 6, 2009 and we booked at $849.00 for a deluxe Balcony Room Cat E 1. I have been checking to see if there has been a price drop for the cruise each week. Today I checked and the rate went up to $1120.00. Do you think the rate will ever go down? Also, I have registered for the meet and mingle and have heard from several others who have also registered and I checked and this cruise is not even mentioned on the list for the meet and mingles. The cruise for the next two cruises on the 13th and the 20th is on the list but not the 6th. Does anyone know what that means.....
Thanks,
Debs
I am new to this board and a fairly new cruiser but I am thinking the $849 is probably the best price I have seen for an E1 (not sure which cruise you are on but believe I narrowed it down). I am one of those who can't stand the thought of having missed a sale so I too, compare often. Do you think you have ever seen it lower???
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquinn1
Quote:
Thanks,
Debs
I am new to this board and a fairly new cruiser but I am thinking the $849 is probably the best price I have seen for an E1 (not sure which cruise you are on but believe I narrowed it down). I am one of those who can't stand the thought of having missed a sale so I too, compare often. Do you think you have ever seen it lower???

No she hasn't seen it lower than the $849 that she booked.
Freedom OTS Sept 6th 2009 sailing is still currently at $1120 for an E1 balcony cabin. She got a good deal!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Suz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquinn1
Quote:
Thanks,
Debs

No she hasn't seen it lower than the $849 that she booked.
Freedom OTS Sept 6th 2009 sailing is still currently at $1120 for an E1 balcony cabin. She got a good deal!
That's what I was thinking...I paid $900pp for an E1 and was absolutely thrilled, to the point, I am wondering if I have an obstructed/partially obstructed view. I can't imagine that it would ever go below the $849 so good for her!!!
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazdax
question? have read about people getting refunds when price goes down. Is this just if you book directly or thru travel agent. Would it also happen if you are from outside the USA and haved booked thru local TA
It doesn't matter who you booked it through - RCL or a TA. Where do you mean when you say "outside the USA". I am in Canada and have clients in the US and Great Britian. I have no problem getting them the reductions.

Just as an aside - you may find some TA's charge a fee for this service. You should check with them before you book with them if they will do the price reductions.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:
It doesn't matter who you booked it through - RCL or a TA. Where do you mean when you say "outside the USA". I am in Canada and have clients in the US and Great Britian. I have no problem getting them the reductions.

Just as an aside - you may find some TA's charge a fee for this service. You should check with them before you book with them if they will do the price reductions.
Quote:

An Australian TA. I havent asked yet but should soon. in case prices go up. we also have a family cabin. do the prices change much on them?
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:

Quote:

An Australian TA. I havent asked yet but should soon. in case prices go up. we also have a family cabin. do the prices change much on them?
Family cabins very seldom go down but they do go up. If you have a price and you're happy with it you should grab it.

Australia has different "rule" than the US and Canada. RCL recently opened an office in Australia and I'm not sure of the difference. I would certainly check into it though.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.