CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   A little know benefit for shareholders of RCL - (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/363272-little-know-benefit-shareholders-rcl.html)

Trent80920 April 7th, 2009 11:14 PM

A little know benefit for shareholders of RCL -

For those of you sailing Royal Carribean, you may be interested to know about this benefit. This benefit is too good to pass up for those 10 or more day cruises. AN exerpt from the RCL http://www.rclinvestor.com website:

Below you will find an exclusive shareholder benefit for an onboard credit that can be redeemed for an array of spectacular onboard services and amenities–for your personal enjoyment. Take advantage of this benefit as many times as you like each and every time you set sail on one of our fabulous ships.

Shareholder Benefit
$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.z...eholderbenefit

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...fitLetter2.pdf

Matelot April 8th, 2009 01:10 AM

I think it is well known, for a lot of people it was one of the primary reasons for purchasing stock.

dave 3261 April 8th, 2009 01:35 AM

How many shares to get these benefits?[/i]

katlady April 8th, 2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave 3261

100, it's always 100 LOL , 100 shares of stock in the fianace world is called a "lot" or a "round lot".

Please be careful buying a stock without doing research about the company. People are always forgetting that buying stock is buying a piece of a company. If you went out and bought part of a company you would research; so treat this the same way. On the upside the entire stock market took a dump (there is a PRO to every CON) so stocks are on sell pretty cheap right now. Here is information on RCL. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=rcl

My suggestion is if you don't know what P/E, Market CAP, or EPS means then you should find out before you buy any shares of stocks. If you don't know the difference between technical stock analysis and fundamental stock analysis then you should learn about that to. Would I advise you to buy this stock. I don't advise anyone about stocks; I'm not licensed and it's a violation of SEC rules. I would give the same advise if this was posted on the Carnival thread. Never buy 100 shares of a company in hopes of saving money off a cruise, you should buy stock because you believe the company is a good one to invest in. Stock ownership is NOT gambling.

Okay I'm done. LOL I'm sure I spelled fianance wrong at least once in this post. LOL I have seen too many good people get hurt in the stock market to be so casual about investing in stock and I just want to warn you to be careful. BTW I'm not an expert in trading stocks, the more I know about the stock market, the more I know I don't know much. :shock: :wink:

Trackypup April 8th, 2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:

100, it's always 100 LOL , 100 shares of stock in the fianace world is called a "lot" or a "round lot".

Its usually 100 shares that makes up a board lot, but not always....

Investopedia explains Board Lot
For example, a stock exchange might define one board lot as equaling 1,000 shares for stock priced under $1, and 100 shares for shares of more than $1. The thinking is that standardization increases liquidity thus lowering spreads and making the market more efficient for everybody.

katlady April 8th, 2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup
Quote:

Quote:

Its usually 100 shares that makes up a board lot, but not always....

Investopedia explains Board Lot
For example, a stock exchange might define one board lot as equaling 1,000 shares for stock priced under $1, and 100 shares for shares of more than $1. The thinking is that standardization increases liquidity thus lowering spreads and making the market more efficient for everybody.

Okay I understand. I don't buy OTC stocks and a stock under a $1 would be delisted from New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or/and the NASDAQ. So for the stocks I'm trading it's 100 for some OTC it's a 1000. Since RCL is traded on the NYSE it's 100 shares. I also checked RCL's investor website to verify. :D

Trackypup April 8th, 2009 04:04 PM

Oh, absolutely, for RCL a board lot would be 100 shares.....but you said a board lot was always 100 shares and it's not, it depends on the exchange and the share price.

katlady April 8th, 2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Oh, absolutely, for RCL a board lot would be 100 shares.....but you said a board lot was always 100 shares and it's not, it depends on the exchange and the share price.

It's good information to know thanks for sharing. :D

Trackypup April 8th, 2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's good information to know thanks for sharing. :D

I sadly used to teach this crap :)

TravelMike April 8th, 2009 06:27 PM

How do you confirm stock ownership with RCCL? Is there a time limit before a cruise? Thanks, mike

Sulross April 8th, 2009 09:49 PM

Onboard Credit

You might want to confirm this. You use to, but they have taken away many things lately. I think they stopped that if you have some other type of credit.

katlady April 8th, 2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelMike
How do you confirm stock ownership with RCCL? Is there a time limit before a cruise? Thanks, mike

This website will answer all your questions. You must have the shares at the time of sailings. You can provide RCL a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. There is an address on the website.
http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.z...eholderbenefit

TxBear April 10th, 2009 11:49 PM

Sadly , This has all changed, You can get the credit , it is now no longer combinable with any other discount, sale or price drop. You now have to choose. :-?

Dave Beers April 11th, 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelMike

It takes them some time to process the credit. I suggest having the stock purchased and requesting the credit no later than two weeks before the cruise just to be safe. In my case I bought 100 shares of RCL a few weeks ago when it was around $6 per share. As soon as I received the transaction statement from my broker I e-mailed RCI at the address provided at the RCI Investor link provided in a previous message. I simply sent a pdf of my brokerage statement, my name, address, and booking number, and I got a confirmation of the credit two days later. Pretty easy.

katlady April 12th, 2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxBear
Sadly , This has all changed, You can get the credit , it is now no longer combinable with any other discount, sale or price drop. You now have to choose. :-?

My dad has Carnival shares and they are the same way. You pick the discount you can't have it all. :(