CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   RCCL STAFF NOT SUFFICIENTLY INFORMED ABOUT OASIS, SADLY (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/369089-rccl-staff-not-sufficiently-informed-about-oasis-sadly.html)

Oasis4Me October 28th, 2009 01:22 PM

RCCL STAFF NOT SUFFICIENTLY INFORMED ABOUT OASIS, SADLY

Three years in the making, and this wonderful behemoth's breadth of detailed info has not sufficiently reached the ears of most RCCL reservationists (certf'd vacation planners) in any of their three US offices. Potential passengers should not have to rely on street rumor, website blogs, uninformed travel agents and so forth. The Marketing deserves little credit. No doubt she will be an marvelous adventure, a photographer's dreamland, etc. but none of these credits go to Marketing. Sadly, RCCL vacation planners are at a loss for much info; in part this may be due to their recent acquisition of Celebrity Cruise Lines, however, this is still inexcusable. Even deck plans are incomplete, still!

I am gladly confirmed to travel Oasis Dec. 1, 2009 and will do a follow-up on my experience, on this website, for the benefit of others. My question is she too big to maintain the usual exemplary service received on most RCCL ships.

felix_the_cat October 28th, 2009 01:38 PM

Can you be more specific in the information you feel lacking? I have no intention of sailing on the Oasis. She is far too big for me - in saying that if someone offered me a free cruise on her I would jump on it.

However, I digress, you are not being fair to anyone with such a blanket statement in regards to TA's (yes I'm one) and RCL's reservationists. How can anyone judge when you give absolutely no information to back up your statement.

Robbie H October 28th, 2009 03:16 PM

She has a dedicated website, brochures have been out for months (hard copies and downloadable) and good T/A's have attended the "virtual expo" training provided to us this past month.

So too busy wielding the broadbrush or calling ALL of those agents?

addicted2 October 28th, 2009 03:42 PM

If you are so worried and/or have a negative attitude about Oasis why did you book her inagural cruise. I for one have booked her later next year and have found plenty of information about the details and deck plans, of this sure to be incredible ship, on my own by searching the internet and staying updated on her progress on oasisoftheseas.com

Oasis4Me October 28th, 2009 04:36 PM

Whoa...guys!
To: Felix & Robbie...especially

First I have no ill feelings whatsoever for T/A's; they were dealt the cards they were dealt. Indeed, to the contrary, I respect travel agents for usually having the marvelous ability to recall (or research quickly) data requested about various ships. My fault is not with RCCL T/A's at all; it's with the RCCL Marketing Dept. (or whoever) for not disseminating info to T/A's--of RCCL's Oasis in this case. T/A's were short-changed in usual data that is customarily asked for by potentially interested passengers. That is not the fault of T/A's one iota. To back up this statement, deck plans on all websites (RCCL and others) are still incomplete layouts/diagrams leaving to one's imagination where certain venues read about are; most T/A's know nothing about the new (and now imaginary!) "WOW"-phone that would supposedly replace RCCL's usual deck phones; no one at RCCL seems to know if the RCCL-built pier in Labadee will be available for the Dec. 1st sailing. And lastly, can you ID the seven "neighborhoods" on Oasis? Seems to be some confusion/info disconnect here too. Withstanding all the above, I am anxiously awaiting my upcoming cruise. This is one man's opinion only.

Manuel October 28th, 2009 04:56 PM

My TA is well informed on just about every ship that is out there, and she has E-mailed me info on the Oasis as it becomes available.

Now all I need to do is wait till my cruise date in april comes up.

TM

thecruisequeen October 28th, 2009 05:36 PM

My TA is also well informed on Oasis and other ships/lines.

She also recommends a ship/line to match the cruisers interests even though she may not be a fan of a cruiseline she still recommends it if she believes it suits that cruiser.

:D

felix_the_cat October 28th, 2009 06:38 PM

I accept you didn't mean it the way it came out and that's fine.

I think most of the info is out there, but there is so much of it, one can't memorize it all just yet. I know I haven't, I have to pick brains in our office at times as well as research. But I think that's part of my job.

I love to match cruisers to ships. I'm usually right but I admit, once in awhile I can be a bit off and if I realize it soon enough I will recommend a change.

Nevertheless, just think about the fun you're going to have on your cruise just searching the ship and putting it together for yourself. My goodness, I think a person would need a month of investigating from onboard to try to see/do everything that one has to offer. It may not be my cup of tea, but I would like to see her.

Robbie H October 28th, 2009 10:02 PM

Off to visit the "Pacific Princess" in Tahiti for "training"...........(not taking any Oasis material with me).

Glad this thread took a lighter turn ;>)

felix_the_cat October 29th, 2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie H
Off to visit the "Pacific Princess" in Tahiti for "training"...........(not taking any Oasis material with me).

Glad this thread took a lighter turn ;>)

Have a fantastic time. I loved our Tahitian cruise.

addicted2 October 29th, 2009 01:10 PM

I would think that while the ship was still in the construction stages that there was alot of information that was unanswered, and could only be speculated on. Now that the ship is on its way to Florida and as all the new aspects of the ship are being tested fully and the first few pre-inagural cruises are underway that alot of the unanswered questions will have answers. With so many new innovations being introduced on this ship it would be hard for the TA's, and RCCL's reservationists to know everything about them when I'm sure the Chairman himself can only speculate on how they will work. Alot more info will come out on this ship as it gets a few cruises under its belt. I know that I will be one person eager to hear how everything is working and to see all the features of this ship during the Good Morning America show and can't wait to sail on her next year.

Manuel October 30th, 2009 01:42 PM

I won't be able to watch Good Morning America on nov. 20th. because we have an early flight to Miami for a pre-cruise stay before we board the Liberty of the Seas.

TM

addicted2 October 30th, 2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
I won't be able to watch Good Morning America on nov. 20th. because we have an early flight to Miami for a pre-cruise stay before we board the Liberty of the Seas.

TM

Okay that is a pretty good excuse to not be able to watch GMA. But if you would rather watch the show I would be happy to switch places with you.