CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   obstructed aft balcony? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/375120-obstructed-aft-balcony.html)

jacdenv24 July 10th, 2010 10:46 AM

obstructed aft balcony?

We have a corner aft balcony booked on the Explorer. I was just perusing RCIs website and noticed the aft cabin between us and the family suite is still available BUT is denoted as being "obstructed". How can an aft cabin be obstructed:confused:. Anyone been in these cabins? Thanks for any info.

Trip July 10th, 2010 11:01 AM

Hmmm, we were on the aft corner on the Liberty, and didn't notice any obstructions along the back....maybe someone just back will have some insight, or a past cruiser on the aft.

Donna July 10th, 2010 07:04 PM

The corners are great and even the one next to that, but once you get more in the middle, there are support beams in the way. You are also a bit back from the actually water. So either take the corner and the one next to it.

jacdenv24 July 11th, 2010 09:00 AM

Thanks Donna! We've booked the corner aft so should be fine. Wish I didn't have to wait until Jan. though!

Mysticks1 July 16th, 2010 03:17 PM

Deck 7 and above are good. Deck 6 aft are not due to the large amount of empty deck between the cabins and the actual aft of the ship. The Deck 7 corners on Voyager and Freedom class have oversized balconies that are about 10" x 15 ft. They also have the circular cut outs which give you a port/starboard view in addition to the aft view. Some of the superstructure of the ship is between you and the view which causes the "Obstructed View" designation. IMHO it wasn't a problem. You can go to www.voyager-class.com for some great photos of the aft cabins.

jacdenv24 July 17th, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticks1 (Post 1303788)
Deck 7 and above are good. Deck 6 aft are not due to the large amount of empty deck between the cabins and the actual aft of the ship. The Deck 7 corners on Voyager and Freedom class have oversized balconies that are about 10" x 15 ft. They also have the circular cut outs which give you a port/starboard view in addition to the aft view. Some of the superstructure of the ship is between you and the view which causes the "Obstructed View" designation. IMHO it wasn't a problem. You can go to www.voyager-class.com for some great photos of the aft cabins.

Mysticks-thank you so much for that link! What a great website-I feel like I've had a personal tour of the ship. I've been researching cruises and ships for 15 years and never came across that site-thanks again!

Robbie H July 17th, 2010 02:34 PM

WOW....I booked 8390 not knowing how great it will be! I just figured I needed a nice private place to watch Canada/New England drift by ;>)