CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Royal Caribbean Iphone App (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/375624-royal-caribbean-iphone-app.html)

AF1 July 29th, 2010 07:15 PM

Royal Caribbean Iphone App

When will Royal Caribbean get a app for the iphone or for that matter all smart phones. All the airlines have them, I have an app called shipmate; that is done by a travel agency. It's pretty good; however I just would like Royal to come up with their own app.

blueliner July 29th, 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1306196)
When will Royal Caribbean get a app for the iphone or for that matter all smart phones. All the airlines have them, I have an app called shipmate; that is done by a travel agency. It's pretty good; however I just would like Royal to come up with their own app.

They do have a Royal Caribbean App, and one for Celebrity as well. Nothing spectacular in them, just basic stuff.

AF1 July 30th, 2010 11:07 AM

I think the apps your talking about are not actually designed by Royal Caribbean; I think they are from travel agencies and one is titled Royal Caribbean. I am looking for Royal Caribbean to design their own app.

blueliner July 30th, 2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1306391)
I think the apps your talking about are not actually designed by Royal Caribbean; I think they are from travel agencies and one is titled Royal Caribbean. I am looking for Royal Caribbean to design their own app.

The App I have I believe is done by RCI along with some private App company in the UK. I believe that because it has a booking feature that goes straight to the RCI web site, but references a company in the UK that developed the App. It looks like the content comes straight from the RCI web site. I don't think RCI would give a private travel agency that kind of permission to use the content direct from the web site. Other apps like "shipmate" and "Icruise" have their travel agency promos and how to book throught the agency all over them, this app does not have that, just book direct through RCI. So my guess is RCI got someone else to do their app. The Celebrity app is just the same, looks like it came direct from the web site.

george.smith July 31st, 2010 01:41 PM

Hello all,

I have the Shipmate app, and though it is a third party app, it is very well constructed with lots of information, tools, and tips. If you have a group going (as I do with our wedding) then you can list everyone's cabin number in the app, and it has shorcuts to the deck plan so you can see where everyone is. It also has information on all the excursions, restaurants, and stores. It has deck plans, tips and information. I thought it was all very neat.

Yes, I said neat.

Good luck to you all,

Drew

AF1 August 1st, 2010 04:22 PM

Drew, I like the shipmate app. Thanks,:cool: