Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to schang42t
Default Bermuda Trip on Explorer or on Enchanment

...other then the size of the boat, I can't decided which experience will be better for me...

Please share your experience if anyone cruised on either... thx :o
RCI Radiance of the Seas 2009

**ON MY WAY TO PLATINUM STATUS**
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've only been on the Enchantment so I can't compare experiences between the 2 ships, but I can tell you our first cruise ever was 2 years ago and it was on the Enchantment. This cruise was after her "stretching" and we ended up having one of the new cabins from this addition. I thought the ship was absolutely beautiful and would cruise her again any day. You didn't mention if you had kids, but my 2 teenagers, aged 17 and 19 at the time, also had a great time. My 17 year old son spent nearly all his time in the teen club while my 19 year old daughter was at the pool constantly. You will not go wrong if you choose the Enchantment.
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Passenger

I was on the Enchantment back in 1999. We didn't do Bermuda.
I loved the ship then, but it was before the renovation and of course a long time ago. I went with my girlfriend (now wife).

I just got back from the Explorer (August 5 sail) where we did Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Loved this ship as well. This ship of course is much bigger and consequently there were a lot more people. When we got off in Bermuda it was a flood of people trying to get where they were going. Not saying it would be much different with the Enchantment. Though the size of the Explorer didn't distract from my vacation, I don't think I would go any bigger. The sheer volume of people (I heard it was sold out) at various times (not too often) was noticable.

If you are going for a 5 day cruise I would probably pick the one closest to you. I dont think you need a huge ship for a 5 days. If its a 9 day that incorporates the Caribbean, it depends on other factors.

Who is travelling with you? Age? Kids? Past cruises?

I went with my wife, 2 kids (5 and 8 ), parents, sister & her husband and kids (4 year old twins & 1 year old) , and my inlaws. We all had a great time.
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to schang42t

Thank you for your thoughts!

I don't have kids and will be traveling with my fiancee... We booked the one on Enchantment, mainly because of the ship class...
RCI Radiance of the Seas 2009

**ON MY WAY TO PLATINUM STATUS**
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by schang42t View Post
Thank you for your thoughts!

I don't have kids and will be traveling with my fiancee... We booked the one on Enchantment, mainly because of the ship class...
I just found pictures from my trip on the Enchantment back in 1999.
Too funny. Even one of me singing Karaoke.
Oh, the horror.

We had a great time. I'm sure you will too.